RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion

Ripper -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (21/1/2006 11:42:21 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Looks like the Sun is getting films that match the quality of it's own output!

Come on, Conan cant be that bad! Although it has to be said, some of the shall we say more famous features in the Sun do make up for it ....

melnobone -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (21/1/2006 9:50:37 PM)

The Original Conan is an quality film.

Do not let anyone tell you otherwise.

The sequal the Sun gave away today however is DIRE - well avoided.

Starscream -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (22/1/2006 9:16:25 PM)

Next Weekend

Carry on up the Khyber not sure if its the sun or the NOTW though

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (23/1/2006 10:09:27 AM)

Carry On Up The Kyber was in the Sunday Mirror yesterday.

Jeffrey -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (23/1/2006 3:52:39 PM)

50 free DVD movies this week from Monday to Friday in The Sun

Collect from McColl's, Martin's, Forbuoys and Dillons.

Today's one is 'kids' and contains 10 films on 2 double sided disks.
Animation:
The Nutcracker Prince, Huckleberry Finn, Dogtanian, Five Weeks In A Balloon, The Last of the Mohicans, Black Beauty, Gulliver's Travels, Felix The Cat.

Live-Action:
Animal Farm, Two Bits & Pepper.

Walkerboy -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (23/1/2006 4:05:56 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey

Do those shops still exist????

I got Conan the Destroyer on Saturday, but forgot to get Highlander yesterday....

Jeffrey -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (23/1/2006 4:23:20 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Walkerboy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Jeffrey

Do those shops still exist????

There's one of them on the top floor of The Galleries in Bristol.
Use the store locater:
http://www.multimap.com/clients/places.cgi?client=tmretail_01

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (23/1/2006 10:18:43 PM)

I assume the offer doesn't cover Scotland then. I've only heard of one of those up here, but not for years.

Starscream -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (29/1/2006 11:50:10 AM)

Carry on up the Khyber is in the people today

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (3/2/2006 6:21:02 PM)

Saturday The Daily Mail have Elvis in LOVING YOU

Indio -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (5/2/2006 4:45:17 PM)

Take The Money And Run is in next Saturdays Times.

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (5/2/2006 9:57:52 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Indio

Fantastic. I love that movie. In the days when Woody was funny.

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (6/2/2006 8:30:51 PM)

There is something free in either the Guardian or the Independent this week but I'll be buggered if I can remember which and what it is!

corky st clair -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (8/2/2006 1:57:29 PM)

Free DVD in the Independent this Saturday is The Sky Is Falling starring Isabella Rossellini and Jeroen Krabbè. I haven't seen it but it only got 6 out of 10 on imdb!

ichi -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (9/2/2006 1:34:26 AM)

DVD World are giving away a copy of The Devils Nightmare.

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (10/2/2006 4:38:52 PM)

In Saturday's Telegraph, Albert Finney in Saturday Night, Sunday Morning and in The Sunday Telegraph, Rita Tushingham in A Taste Of Honey

Mason Verger -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (10/2/2006 5:19:34 PM)

... and "The Cinder Path" in Saturday's Daily Mail. (The First of 12 romantic DVD's) [sm=love01.gif] 

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (10/2/2006 10:17:56 PM)

Times on Saturday

Take the Money And Run

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (11/2/2006 6:50:27 PM)

Tomorow's Mail On Sunday has THE BIG SLEEP. This is the 1978 remake with Robert Mitchum, Joan Collins and Oliver Reed, and not the Bogart version. Better warn you. It was directed by Michael Winner.

Death_Cult -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (12/2/2006 10:57:34 PM)

Donnie Darko: Director's Cut in The Times next sunday.

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (12/2/2006 11:15:39 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Death_Cult

Donnie Darko: Director's Cut in The Times next sunday.

OMG! Could that be the best DVD freebie ever? And from a Murdoch paper? And he doesn't believe in giving freebies away.

By the way, all this week in The Sun, you can collect tokens and exchange them for CARRY ON movies. Looks like the ones on the Warner Bros label, Cabbie, Cleo, Jack, Screaming etc

Belly T Jones -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (13/2/2006 3:43:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Indio

I've got a spare copy of this early Woody Allen flick (got 2 copies of the Times by accident!) and am happy to post it to the first boardie that PMs me for it.

DanielFullard -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (13/2/2006 4:00:54 PM)

For anyone who got The Times on Saturday you have to watch the Take Your Money and Run DVD you got free....Allens first filmand one of his best

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (14/2/2006 9:10:45 AM)

FOr me, not an Allen fan, I found the Walk the Line stuff the more interesting reason for purchase (it is also included on the DVD so I guess they got someone else to lay off costs to)

TobiasFunke -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (14/2/2006 5:02:25 PM)

This week's new edition of the Radio Times is giving away Howards' End on DVD; not sure if its a token collection thingy but it looks like you get it with the magazine. 

DanielFullard -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (15/2/2006 10:43:57 AM)

Great! I get the Rt every week but havent picked the newest issue up yet

DanielFullard -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (15/2/2006 7:39:03 PM)

I just got Rt and you dont get Howards End free.......you have to buy another DVD through one of th adverts in the mag and you get it free that way

BobaJango -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (15/2/2006 9:49:01 PM)

The Sunday Times this week, is giving away a copy of Donnie Darko (director's cut). Hope nobody has mentioned this yet.

Leomuse -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (16/2/2006 12:08:30 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BobaJango

The Sunday Times this week, is giving away a copy of Donnie Darko (director's cut). Hope nobody has mentioned this yet.

Holy shit. That'll be a popular issue.

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (16/2/2006 9:35:34 AM)

But Donnie went dirt cheap before the director's cut came out - and I don't think this is it? So given you could pick it  up for about £3.50, it must be one of the most widely owned already.

Unless it WAS the new version?

Page: <<   < prev  2 3 [4] 5 6   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI