RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion

johntaylor260280 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (3/11/2005 12:28:50 PM)

Great Stuff, they are two quality films. Will these definitely be available in the North west.

corky st clair -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (3/11/2005 1:15:41 PM)

Notorious is a cracking movie.

What's Like Water for Chocolate about?  Is it worth getting?

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (3/11/2005 3:40:25 PM)

Sunday Telegraph proudly presents Sally Potter's slightly strange ORLANDO (Nov 6th)

So back to a bumper weekend of DVD freebies...yippeeee!

MartinBlank76 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (4/11/2005 1:24:08 PM)

Sophies Choice in Ireland on Saturday 05/11/05

Jeffrey -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (4/11/2005 2:27:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Indio

Notorious is in The Times on Saturday.

Thanks. [:)]

johntaylor260280 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (5/11/2005 12:01:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: corky st clair

Notorious is a cracking movie.

What's Like Water for Chocolate about?  Is it worth getting?

Yeah, its great. its definitely worth getting (but then, any film is worth getting for the price of a paper!!!)

TobiasFunke -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (5/11/2005 2:23:59 PM)

The Times is giving away Rebecca next Saturday. It's the paper that loves its Hitchcocks!

Starscream -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (5/11/2005 10:09:01 PM)

Wild Geese is in the mail on sunday tomorrow

The Independant - next Saturday
The Return of Martin Geurre

emily1212 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (5/11/2005 11:31:27 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TobiasFunke

The Times is giving away Rebecca next Saturday. It's the paper that loves its Hitchcocks!

Excellent.  I've been meaning to watch this film for ages.  One of Hitchcock's best I've been told.  I hope The Times carries on this Hitchcock theme.

Squall Katsuragi -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (6/11/2005 9:06:59 PM)

Got The Wild Geese today in one of the papers. I can't remember if it was The Mail on Sunday (I know, my parents buy it!) or The Sunday Times.[&:]

Starscream -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (7/11/2005 9:11:37 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Squall Katsuragi

Got The Wild Geese today in one of the papers. I can't remember if it was The Mail on Sunday (I know, my parents buy it!) or The Sunday Times.[&:]

Mail on sunday as said above

Goodfella -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (9/11/2005 11:06:38 AM)

Do you know how hard those bastard things are to put in? We have to do it all ourselves at ten past seven on fucking Sunday morning!? I look like shit and I'm still half-pissed because I didn't get in till gone three.

You bastards!

ignoblejen -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (11/11/2005 11:12:54 AM)

What about this weekend anything of note?

vernieboy -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (11/11/2005 12:24:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: ignoblejen

What about this weekend anything of note?

Rebecca is in the Times Tomorrow

Mononoke -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (11/11/2005 7:54:32 PM)

The Daily Mail are giving away a free children's DVD everyday for the next two weeks sarting with tomorrow which is Rudolph.

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (12/11/2005 10:30:03 PM)

Possibly a little late now, but check before it is thrown out - I think the Independent had The Return of Martin Guerre.

Chindo -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (13/11/2005 2:20:08 AM)

I got Rebecca this week in The Times. Wonder if they decided it because their paper is mentioned in the film as having a "great article on English cricket" [:)]

Still, I'd like to see the Hitchcock theme continue. I didn't think Notorious the other week was all that great, but Rebecca was a great film, a true example of where Hitchcock's reputation comes from.

Juror No 8 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (14/11/2005 8:18:43 PM)

I was a bit late getting up on Saturday and couldn't find a copy of the Times anywhere, which goes to show it was a bloody good promotion for the paper.

Jeffrey -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (15/11/2005 9:54:48 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Juror No 8

I was a bit late getting up on Saturday and couldn't find a copy of the Times anywhere, which goes to show it was a bloody good promotion for the paper.

You could always ask someone at the shop to reserve it for you.

Starscream -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (15/11/2005 9:53:18 PM)

News of the World - 20/11/05.

Scrooge- with Alistair Sim http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0044008/

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (16/11/2005 9:05:39 AM)

Wonderful film - good job I've got it so I don't need to buy that rag, even to bin immediately.

Reminds me of another must for 2006 though.

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (19/11/2005 8:32:20 AM)

Okay...the bad news is that the News of the World's free copy of Scrooge with Alistair Sims is the colourized version and NOT the original black and white version.

I know these are NOTW readers, but surely they could handle a black and white film?...but then again.

Doesn't look like there's any other freebie's this week...only Christmas CDs...RUN FOR THE HILLS!

Starscream -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (19/11/2005 7:19:32 PM)

Sunday Express - The Nutcracker Prince

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (20/11/2005 2:39:36 PM)

There kind of is in the Sunday TImes Culture.

Send away for Huckleberry Finn (Jim Dale) free (pay for postage) AND can order 5 more for 20 or 3 for 15. It is a deal with prism and includes quite a few given away recently like Notorious, Rebecca, Silkwood. Also included is African Queen, Spellbound, Prizzi's Honour, On Golden Pond and more.

Helium Hunchback -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (21/11/2005 6:10:08 PM)

Bagdad Cafe
The Guardian, Sat 26th November

Anyone seen this? It seems quite well thought of on IMDB.

great_badir -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (22/11/2005 12:20:04 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helium Hunchback

Bagdad Cafe
The Guardian, Sat 26th November

Anyone seen this? It seems quite well thought of on IMDB.

It's better than the awful spin-off sitcom with Whoopie Goldberg.

It's not bad.  But it's so SLOW!

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (24/11/2005 7:45:45 PM)

Bagdad Cafe is a fair enough film. Has a fantastic soundtrack. The theme song is beautiful. Good one The Guardian.

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (26/11/2005 12:49:14 PM)

The Times has a Gordon Ramsay Xmas cooking DVD thing in it.

Helium Hunchback -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (28/11/2005 10:17:37 PM)

Pelle the Conqueror
The Independent, Saturday 3rd December.

Lebowski -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (29/11/2005 12:14:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Helium Hunchback

Pelle the Conqueror
The Independent, Saturday 3rd December.

Bugger, I only bought that not too long ago. Well worth picking up though.

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2] 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI