Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> DVD Discussion

Starscream -> Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (13/10/2005 10:16:40 PM)

Haven't seen one of these thread on this forum  yet but seen it in other forums and it's a sticky [;)]

Everytime there a free dvd in a paper we give it a heads up

This weekend

The Last Emperor - The Times on Saturday
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093389/

Wings Of Desire - The Independent on Saturday
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0093191/

The Wild Geese- Mail on Sunday
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0078492/

rick_7 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (13/10/2005 10:19:39 PM)

I don't want to clutter up the thread with irrelevant plaudits, but ... BRILLIANT IDEA!  Thanks very much.

TobiasFunke -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (13/10/2005 10:22:22 PM)

Is The Last Emperor any good? I always get it confused with that Spielberg film Empire of the Sun! Think they both came out about the same time!

rick_7 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (13/10/2005 10:27:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: TobiasFunke

Is The Last Emperor any good? I always get it confused with that Spielberg film Empire of the Sun! Think they both came out about the same time!

As a spectacle it's superb, as a human drama sporadically sublime, though the central character is perhaps excessively aloof.  Well worth three hours of your time.

Castor Troy -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (14/10/2005 12:36:23 PM)

Excellent thread sir. As my parents get The Times, I shall try and watch The Last Emperor.

Indio -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (14/10/2005 12:44:46 PM)

No one going for The Wild Geese then? I've alreadyn got Wings Of Desire, and thought The Last Emperor was a little bit over-rated, personally.

[image]http://www.allposters.com/IMAGES/MG/192519.jpg[/image]

yes, I know its a load of old bollocks, but I don't want to watch anything too demanding on a Sunday afternoon...

M -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (14/10/2005 1:48:18 PM)

Great idea for a thread...I was only thinking to myself that other day how much I wished there was some way to sniff out all the free DVDs each week.

Anyway, I'll be getting all 3 as I haven't seen any, and even if I had I would probably buy them all anyway - who can sniff at the chance to expand their DVD library for 1 a pop.  (With quality films rather than bargain basement stuff anyway...)

torlporl -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (14/10/2005 5:16:31 PM)

The Wild Geese is brilliant. But I did only see it when I was young so I hope it remains good. Nothing in the Guardian this week?

frankie -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (14/10/2005 8:19:19 PM)

Another one this weekend and it's one that must be checked out. It's one of my favourite films  of all time, Whistle Down The Wind Starring Hayley Mills and Alan Bates.

[image]http://www.richardattenborough.com/Biography/Whistle%20Down%20the%20Wind.jpg[/image]
http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0055618/

Seriously, if you haven't seen it, you have to buy The Telegraph tomorrow.

Helium Hunchback -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (14/10/2005 8:48:49 PM)

Nice one Frankie, I haven't seen that in ages. Looks like I'll be buying a load of papers this weekend too. That must be about five weeks in a row. Hopefully these freebies will continue.

melnobone -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (14/10/2005 10:29:28 PM)

Wild Geese every time.

The Last Emperor is a bit too worthy.

Wild Geese is a romp.[:D]

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (15/10/2005 10:16:15 AM)

My - what a very apt insert for the Telegraph.

Starscream -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (15/10/2005 6:27:10 PM)

The Mail on Sunday has On  Golden Pond in it tommorow and it was just advertised on tv.

The rumour i have heard is Wild Geese maybe in different regions like london

[:@] maybe the rest of country will get it next sunday

Castor Troy -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (15/10/2005 7:02:24 PM)

quote:

The Mail on Sunday has On  Golden Pond in it tommorow and it was just advertised on tv.

Yeah, and apparantly it's the 'best film ever made' according to ads. I should probably watch it then.

frankie -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (15/10/2005 9:23:06 PM)

oooh! And another Frankie favourite. Henry Fonda is brilliant as Norman Thayer.

Buy it if you've not seen it before.

Indio -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (15/10/2005 9:31:53 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Starscream

The rumour i have heard is Wild Geese maybe in different regions like london

[:@] maybe the rest of country will get it next sunday

I hope we get Wild Geese in London tomorrow, I don't want sodding On Golden Pond.[>:]
Bought the Telegraph just for Whistle Down The Wind today. [sm=happy34.gif]

moontheloon -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (16/10/2005 12:45:30 PM)

Bugger I wish I had seen this post yesterday as I meant to get The Times so I could get the Last Emperor. Oh well At least I can get the others[:D] nice thread by the way

mayor vaughn -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (16/10/2005 4:24:49 PM)

Don`t forget Little Britain in News of the World,or is this just in Scotland.Love this thread [:)]

Venkman -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (17/10/2005 12:02:09 PM)

I got The Last Emperor, Whistle down the wind and On Golden Pond, I'm afraid this may end up in more clutter and more films than I know what to do with but anyway, I watched On Golden Pond and it is really good, The best performance I have seen Henry Fonda give and Katherine Hepburn is very good as well.

ukedge87 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's thread (17/10/2005 10:22:16 PM)

East Is East a few saturdays ago was one of the best free DVDs ever. I love that film!

torlporl -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (19/10/2005 4:06:21 PM)

Does anyone know of any in this weekend's papers?

frankie -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (22/10/2005 12:56:20 AM)

Ring Of Bright Water - Daily Mail on Saturday
http://uk.imdb.com/title/tt0064893/

Helium Hunchback -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (25/10/2005 5:37:31 PM)

Heat and Dust
Sunday Times - October 30th

wrenster -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (29/10/2005 9:08:16 AM)

Is that it for this weekend? Saw Heat And Dust in the mid 80s. Not bad. But have the papers been told they've overdone the free DVD? Nothing last weekend and only one this weekend? Come on papers...flood those weekends with freebies.

TobiasFunke -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (30/10/2005 12:11:40 AM)

It's like a feast and a famine with those free DVD giveaways!

Starscream -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (30/10/2005 11:02:57 AM)

There is a "Best of Jasper Carrot" dvd in the people and a comedy moments on the NOTW[sm=dry.gif]

elab49 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (30/10/2005 2:43:16 PM)

Next Saturday, Nov 5th - Like Water for Chocolate, Independent.

johntaylor260280 -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (2/11/2005 10:51:09 PM)

Does anybody know of any other DVD`s in this weeks papers?

Indio -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (3/11/2005 12:20:42 AM)

Notorious is in The Times on Saturday.

DanielFullard -> RE: Free dvds in this week's/weekend's papers thread (3/11/2005 8:42:44 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Indio

Notorious is in The Times on Saturday.

Another Hitchcock then. I have this on DVD anyway but if you havent seen it is well worth getting the paper for

Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI