Rocky V (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Film Reviews

Empire Admin -> Rocky V (13/10/2005 8:10:59 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Ethan Hunt -> Rocky V (29/2/2008 4:24:24 PM)

Not as bad as some people (including Sly) give it credit for but if
if Rocky has brain damage how does he go the distance in Rocky
Balboa?

cjw11138 -> seriously, the most under-rated film of all time. (26/4/2008 8:24:39 PM)

ok the street fight is out of place for a rocky film, but besides from that, Rocky V is seriously under-rated. Armed with a great story, interesting characters (well, i mean a kid who can skip past puberty in the space of a couple of months is quite extraoridinary!) a fantastic plot, and some great references to the past, including a brilliant flashback to Mickey, which truly brings rocky full circle. The previous two films lacked the emotional weight of the first two, and fortunatly Rocky V has that, just the lack of a boxing match does drag it down a little. Anyway, it's a film you need to see yourself. I was suprised when i found myself really enjoying the "worst" Rocky film.

dhowdy -> PARALLEL UNIVERSE ROCKY (28/9/2008 9:40:44 AM)

I refuse to accept this installment belongs in the series. I believe this film was Rocky from a parallel universe. A Rocky where the characters are two dimensional and pantomime in nature (Richard Gant), where glaring inconsistencies reign supreme, (Rocky Jnr was 8 in Rocky 4) and where lame dance music in the vein of MC Hammer dominates the soundtrack where Bill Conti ought to be. This movie is best regarded as a bad dream...

dhowdy -> PARALLEL UNIVERSE ROCKY (28/9/2008 9:40:57 AM)

I refuse to accept this installment belongs in the series. I believe this film was Rocky from a parallel universe. A Rocky where the characters are two dimensional and pantomime in nature (Richard Gant), where glaring inconsistencies reign supreme, (Rocky Jnr was 8 in Rocky 4) and where lame dance music in the vein of MC Hammer dominates the soundtrack where Bill Conti ought to be. This movie is best regarded as a bad dream...

WiseGuy101 -> ROCKY V (5/2/2009 5:20:58 AM)

undoubtedly the weakest of the rocky films combines two cliched storylines; a man trying to find redemption by passing on his wisdom to another and a boy learning how to fight off school bullies. I was surprised to learn that Jon G. Avildsen had returned to the director's seat to do this when it was his good grace that had won the first Rocky 3 Oscars.

stevolegendbauer -> (28/10/2010 5:19:09 PM)

The worst rocky film. There isnt even a proper training montage. just some weedy kid doin a few push ups. The final fight is decent the rest is very poor.

antosh25 -> rocky 5 (6/12/2011 11:12:14 AM)

worst one ! deffinently.
That street fight wasn't even a street fight ! And hip hop was rubbish to.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI