Promise, The (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> Promise, The (24/3/2006 5:27:26 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Filmfreak666 -> The Promise Fails To Beat Flying Daggers (17/11/2007 7:30:10 PM)

After waiting possibly over a year for this to come out I inevitably took up the task at searching for this on the internet and eventually bought it off CDWOW. My initial reaction...this is certainly not the quality of Zang Yimou's films in fact its quite different. More fantasy than martial arts but even the fantasy fails to capture the story. Some bad (and one terrible) visual effects and dodgy acting just drops this film even more. However this has its moments with the main two leads (the princess and the slave) being exceptionally good and not all the effects are bad. There is moments of through beauty here and there. Throw in a perfect score by Klaus Badelt and you have a three star martial arts fantasy. Not Daggers but not bad either...worth-seeing (if you can)

richCie -> RE: The Promise Fails To Beat Flying Daggers (18/4/2009 9:54:28 PM)

i saw this trailer years ago and its only now coming to region2! where's it been? any other verdicts on it?

Deviation -> RE: The Promise Fails To Beat Flying Daggers (19/4/2009 12:55:26 AM)

Nope apparantly it is quite weak.  I loved Kagie Chen after the excellent/beautiful/epic Farewell, My Concubine but this is awful, as bad as the american effort he did, Killing Me Softly. Which is a shame, cause I think Farewell was one of the best film of the 90's alongside Raise the Red Lantern.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02