New Star Wars Films Will Not Plunder The Novels (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Star Wars Films Will Not Plunder The Novels (22/4/2014 10:16:37 AM)

Post your comments on this article

GrizBe -> Soo in other words... (22/4/2014 10:16:37 AM)

The new movies are going to render the canon of the Expanded Universe into non-canon. Seems about right for a company who used the property just to make money off of it... Oh wait, its own by Disney now... Ah.. no difference then.

chilli_green -> *ahem* (22/4/2014 2:13:32 PM)

That's GRAND Admiral Thrawn, thankyouverymuch.

Litshttam -> "It'll work. It'll work." (22/4/2014 5:12:22 PM)

So long as the new movies don't explicitly contradict the EU, then it still counts. Chill. Think Prometheus; for all the movie and its internet timeline lets on, Peter Weyland is Charles Bishop Weyland's son. You can explore new territory without eradicating what went before, you know.

SteadyEddie -> I Swear (22/4/2014 6:47:44 PM)

If next edition hints at any lovey dovey crap like the first 3 episodes ill go mad the would have been half decent if that tripe wasn't included. Actually the first 3 were just awful apart from the odd battle scene

NeoBrowser -> RE: I Swear (24/4/2014 4:53:03 AM)

If the next trilogy is just a rehash of the original trilogy I will be pissed off. Lets explore some new territory like the FANTASTIC Prequels did!

BelfastBoy -> RE: I Swear (24/4/2014 9:39:03 AM)

The EU stuff got so convoluted and complicated it's probably best that (like the equally confusing Star Trek expanded materials accumulated over decades) the new films ignore them. However, it should also be remembered that the planetary name 'Coruscant' originated in Timothy Zahn's novels and was adopted by Lucas for the SW prequels.

Basse -> RE: New Star Wars Films Will Not Plunder The Novels (26/4/2014 7:49:04 AM)

New Star Wars? WOW! [:-] I can not wait [;)]

MIKETHEBIKE2006 -> Star Wars spin offs (28/4/2014 5:40:28 PM)

Recall excitedly (aged 7 or 8) buying a spin off Novell " Splinter of the minds eye" which was knocked out as a potential episode V quite quickly ( and I think showed even at that age). Don't recall it ever being treated as cannon or referred to by any other part of the Star Wars saga so there is prior to doing this sort of thing. Personally tried hard to find things to enjoy in the prequels (young children do like them) and looking forward to J J s effort though I expect them, like his other works to be good well made fare which I only ever watch once for some reason?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.515625E-02