40 Movies You (Probably) Didn't Know Were Comic Books (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> 40 Movies You (Probably) Didn't Know Were Comic Books (12/2/2014 4:03:50 PM)

Post your comments on this article

GrizBe -> Needs renaming to.. (12/2/2014 4:03:50 PM)

.. 40 Movies EVERYONE knew were comic books.

Seriously Empire, do any of you watch movies anymore?

Ali Plumb -> RE: Needs renaming to.. (13/2/2014 12:26:04 PM)

Not one. Also, what are movies?

GrizBe -> RE: Needs renaming to.. (13/2/2014 1:01:30 PM)

I don't know to either laugh or take that seriously...

chrispdaniel -> Oblivion (14/2/2014 12:31:20 AM)

Just out of curiosity, did the Oblivion graphic novel actually get made? After watching the special features on the blu-ray and seeing some of the artwork I thought it would be an excellent purchase, but looking online I can't find any evidence of it actually being completed.

Have to say I have enjoyed this list, and was surprised at a few of the inclusions on here. Not all of us Empire readers are know-it-alls, though we do of course bow to those with such superior knowledge and will allow them to scoff at us for our lacking of it.

Also, the graphic novel for The Fountain is very good. I love that film. Saw it at the cinema, bought it on DVD, bought the soundtrack, the graphic novel and then last year re-bought the film on blu-ray.

balkaster -> RE: Needs renaming to.. (14/2/2014 3:05:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrizBe

.. 40 Movies EVERYONE knew were comic books.

Seriously Empire, do any of you watch movies anymore?

I have to second this calling of BS on the article. You'd have to have been living under a rock for the last half century, or somehow have avoided any and all contact with entertainment news media, to not know that these are based in some way on comics. Also, The Addams Family was never a comic book (it was a gag block appearing in The New Yorker), and to claim that John Hughes' Weird Science was based on the EC comic is like claiming that a Volkswagen Beetle is an actual insect.

GrizBe -> RE: Oblivion (14/2/2014 10:49:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: chrispdaniel

Just out of curiosity, did the Oblivion graphic novel actually get made? After watching the special features on the blu-ray and seeing some of the artwork I thought it would be an excellent purchase, but looking online I can't find any evidence of it actually being completed.

Have to say I have enjoyed this list, and was surprised at a few of the inclusions on here. Not all of us Empire readers are know-it-alls, though we do of course bow to those with such superior knowledge and will allow them to scoff at us for our lacking of it.

Technically yes, and technically no for the Oblivion novel. It did start life as a graphic novel, and was going to be one, until its creator started to work on it as a movie concept and it was picked up. So while there is no graphic novel as such, there is a 'concept book', or 'Movie artwork book' that contains all of the graphic novel stuff that you can find on eBay for between $10 and $30 ish.

And its fair enough that not everyone is as up on comics etc as some of us, but even my totally none geeky, none comic book reading friends who are movie goers knew all of these were in some form or other, origionally comics.

chrispdaniel -> RE: Oblivion (16/2/2014 2:41:38 AM)

Thanks for the info on the Oblivion book. Much appreciated.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI