Philip Seymour Hoffman Dies (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Philip Seymour Hoffman Dies (2/2/2014 7:29:03 PM)

Post your comments on this article

bleugh07 -> Hideous news (2/2/2014 7:29:03 PM)

The last Philip Seymour Hoffman performance I saw was in PT Anderson's The Master. Watching PSH felt like a privilege on its own. Far, far too young.

Scruffybobby -> RE: Hideous news (2/2/2014 7:37:49 PM)

Bloody hell, this is shocking news, unbelievable.

Filmfan 2 -> RE: Hideous news (2/2/2014 7:40:27 PM)

This has knocked me for six. He's one of my favourite screen actors and he came across well off -screen as well.

The silver screen will be the poorer for him not being there. RIP.

peredebeeste -> what aloss (2/2/2014 7:59:49 PM)

What a loss for anny movielover,for anny moviemaker,for his family! May he keep entertaining the world for centuries with his fantastic filmography,may he find the peace that escaped him in life! My suport to his family,friends an fans all over the world,you will be missed!

coomi77 -> Stunned! (2/2/2014 8:18:44 PM)

What a tragic, tragic loss. Massive condolences to his family. The film world will be worse off without him. Can not believe it. RIP.

Chronicle -> (2/2/2014 8:22:44 PM)

Horrible news, he was truly on of the greatest actors of this time..

The Watcher -> The one exception... (2/2/2014 8:27:59 PM)

...where the title "genius" can truly be applied.

RIP my friend, you will not be forgotten x

cactusjon -> RE: The one exception... (2/2/2014 8:57:44 PM)

We've lost one of the great actors of our time, and we've lost him far too soon. RIP.

WolfofWallStreet -> RE: The one exception... (2/2/2014 9:51:41 PM)

RIP Hoff!

Coyleone -> RE: The one exception... (2/2/2014 10:17:17 PM)

This is awful news. One of the very best actors in the world and he still had so much to offer. An amazing screen presence who could bring out huge emotions with a single glance, an extremely talented man. RIP.

Workshed -> RE: Philip Seymour Hoffman Dies (2/2/2014 11:22:11 PM)

I'm shocked. This is so tragic and unexpected. He was phenomenally good in everything he was in.
Very sad and too young. RIP

mcgee -> a true talent (2/2/2014 11:35:16 PM)

So sorry to here this absolutley loved him in mission impossible 3.

Plodwyn -> RE: Philip Seymour Hoffman Dies (3/2/2014 2:41:35 AM)

A proper actor amid the Hollywood 'stars'. Really shocking and sad news!

Beaulieu -> (3/2/2014 7:01:37 AM)

He was an incredible actor and dominated the screen. My thoughts to his family and friends............

ElephantBoy -> RE: (3/2/2014 12:36:14 PM)

Has really knocked me sideways this news, an absolute legend who has left us too soon. Never put a foot wrong even in a slightly iffy film, but produced performances of such depth and range, and manged to reach both the depths and heights of humanity.

I have just been reading the tributes on BBC News. Like Steve Corgan said he raised the bar.

Next thing I am doing is buying a range of papers with tributes and after that going stick on a couple of his films, only have Happiness and The Ides of March on me, unless my copy of Magnolia arrives, in which case that is a must.

This is heartbreaking RIP. My thoughts are with his family.

LustForLeith -> (3/2/2014 12:39:02 PM)

Such a shame. Had that rare talen of being good even if he was in a bad movie. RIP

burtbondy -> Gutted (3/2/2014 5:48:27 PM)

All time great actor. Even when he had small roles he stole the show , such as Cold Mounatin and Punch Drunk Love. I was a massive fan. RIP.

spamfiend -> Sorry, but talented and selfish! (3/2/2014 7:27:28 PM)

I really feel for this guys partner and kids, and how little he must have thought of them the moment he decided to 'shoot up'.

He was such an incredibly talented actor, and yet with all that came with that recognition he still used drugs after 20 years clean.

One has to ask WHY?? He could have afforded treatment at any time and would have got the support of the world but chose not too. He ow leaves 3 kids without their dad and a partner who has to explain why they will never see dad again.

I am sorry but tough. You took drugs, you abused drugs and you got killed by drugs. That last image people have of you is of a dishevelled smack head with a needle sticking out of your arm!

Talented but very selfish !!!

no1psh -> RE: Sorry, but talented and selfish! (3/2/2014 8:06:06 PM)

PSH's death is the worst I've felt following the death of an actor. He is my favourite actor by a mile hence my username. He is a truly outstanding actor and will be sorely missed on our screens. R.I.P!

Gumba23 -> Thanks Empire (3/2/2014 11:33:09 PM)

I just want to remark that this is the only article I've read today that endeavored to celebrate his work rather than dwell on the circumstances of his tragic demise. In no way is that any of our business and it's tragic that the mainstream media seem to think it necessary to give everyone insight into the "full story". In the end, neither will we ever know what was on Hoffmans mind, nor should we care.
This article to me seems to be the right way to approach a tragedy such as this. We didn't know the private person Philip Seymour Hoffman, we knew the actor, and it's him who will be missed.
My heart goes out to his family, for whom it must be infinitely harder to deal with this loss than anything I can imagine.
And as I said, thank you Empire, for celebrating his great talent.
RIP Philip Seymour Hoffman

RyanShanks -> Dead? Oh jeez... (4/2/2014 3:02:56 PM)

One of the great actors of his generation. A true artist who elevated his profession.

mrjingles75 -> So tragic... (5/2/2014 9:05:03 AM)

Difficult to comprehend his passing in this way. An immensely talented actor and seemed like such a nice bloke off screeen too. His work and memory will be treasured.

Mukeshkumar -> RE: So tragic... (9/2/2014 3:55:24 PM)

quote:

He was such an incredibly talented actor

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI