Sam Worthington Back For Avatar Sequels (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Sam Worthington Back For Avatar Sequels (15/1/2014 8:10:18 AM)

Post your comments on this article

MarDev -> Sam who? (15/1/2014 8:10:18 AM)

Sam Worthington been quiet lately. Is it because he's a bad actor and has been shitty in everything he's been in? The first avatar was an embarrassing video game of a movie. The sequels can only be more if the same. I'm so disappointed that Cameron is devoting so much of his time to this shite. It's not like he needs the cash.

7eke -> RE: Sam who? (15/1/2014 10:13:53 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarDev

Sam Worthington been quiet lately. Is it because he's a bad actor and has been shitty in everything he's been in? The first avatar was an embarrassing video game of a movie. The sequels can only be more if the same. I'm so disappointed that Cameron is devoting so much of his time to this shite. It's not like he needs the cash.

Bit harsh, no one was trying to make The Girl With the Na'vi Tattoo. In terms of pioneering film making and visual spectacle, it delivered. I agree with you on Sam Worthington though, ive seen better emoting when cleaning up after my dog.

chris wootton -> Fantastic experience at the cinema in 3d (15/1/2014 11:14:15 AM)

Only time it's really worked properly in my opinion. Really can't be bothered to see another 3 though.

coomi77 -> No brainer of a story (15/1/2014 3:19:37 PM)

Let me guess...Cameron will be involved at some level and it will be set in the future. Sigh.

Artoo -> RE: Sam who? (15/1/2014 4:15:19 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: 7eke

quote:

ORIGINAL: MarDev

Bit harsh, no one was trying to make The Girl With the Na'vi Tattoo. In terms of pioneering film making and visual spectacle, it delivered. I agree with you on Sam Worthington though, ive seen better emoting when cleaning up after my dog.

^This! Sam Worthington is the worst leading man any director could choose for their movie - I'd go as far as to say he's nearly as bad as Whalberg! [:@]. He has the screen charisma of a chew toy! Swap Worthington for Matt Damon or Luke Evans and you've got a movie! [:)]

sanchia -> RE: Sam who? (15/1/2014 5:31:43 PM)

Not a great surprise considering the trajectory his career has taken since Avatar.

cadz -> RE: Sam who? (15/1/2014 6:57:38 PM)

Hard to argue really. Same with Avatar itself being a video game, great technology and effects boundaries aside, it was just Aliens meets Ferngully...inferior to both as well [&:] Cameron should go back to something more along the lines of that 1986 masterpiece, or let him do a futuristic style update on his Terminator movies. I mean, when you're comparing Sarah Connor, T-800s and all that great level of mythology, by comparison who gives a shit about more PG=13 Na'vi movies?
we've already got the smurfs,thanks Jim!

rich -> RE: Sam Worthington Back For Avatar Sequels (15/1/2014 9:22:11 PM)

Does anyone still care? I mean it's getting on for 4 years at least right. Nobody talks about the movie anymore.

7eke -> RE: Sam Worthington Back For Avatar Sequels (15/1/2014 9:57:38 PM)

Love it or hate it or think it was ok, when all is said and done, Jimbo raises the bar over and over. Thats gotta be worth getting a little excited about.

Judge -> (16/1/2014 11:38:07 AM)

The least charismatic leading man currently working.

waltham1979 -> Bay/Cameron... (16/1/2014 12:34:58 PM)

Cameron is essentially Bay with a bit more class and a bigger budget. All of his films have been about spectacle and not a lot else with the actors/story line/script coming a distant second (arguably Aliens and Abyss aside). Worthington is second in the 'shitty but pretty' class of actors (Orlando Bloom being 1st in line for that top honor).

I'll go and see it though...but will probably drink before I go in (you'd be surprised how much better the first film is after seven pints of Peroni).

wedgeski -> RE: Bay/Cameron... (16/1/2014 2:36:08 PM)

quote:

Cameron is essentially Bay with a bit more class and a bigger budget. All of his films have been about spectacle and not a lot else with the actors/story line/script coming a distant second (arguably Aliens and Abyss aside). Worthington is second in the 'shitty but pretty' class of actors (Orlando Bloom being 1st in line for that top honor).

Cameron has pushed modern cinema to new places almost every film he's made. Bay hasn't contributed anything at all to the art. Zero. Comparing the two is madness.

And in the face of such massive success, to claim Cameron puts story a distant second to anything is pure snobbery.

waltham1979 -> RE: Bay/Cameron... (16/1/2014 3:23:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: wedgeski

quote:

Cameron has pushed modern cinema to new places almost every film he's made. Bay hasn't contributed anything at all to the art. Zero. Comparing the two is madness.

And in the face of such massive success, to claim Cameron puts story a distant second to anything is pure snobbery.

No. Cameron has pushed special effects in modern cinema; what else? I don't think its pure snobbery to make that claim at all and I think the same claim could be made of Bay as well.

Has Cameron contributed anything else to the 'art' other than ground breaking special affects? Name one film that Cameron has done that is an original narrative or story line that didn't rely on the special effects?

mclane1 -> Cameron must be kicking himself he cast worthington in the first one. (18/1/2014 7:36:46 AM)

Given Sam worthingtons career has been poor at best since avatar, and he is in fact a very dull, wooden actor, James Cameron must be gutted he has to keep him in the movies after taking a gamble on a relative newcomer in the first avatar.

Darren47 -> Why Wouldn't He? (19/1/2014 5:38:38 PM)

Wasn't it OVIOUS that Sam Worthington would come back to Pandora? Avatar made 2 billion at the box office. Who WOULDN'T come back is the question? Oh, and James Cameron, as much as I like big blue, (Avatar) Please don't screw it up by bringing Lang back and hiring a bunch of unknown writers to help you!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI