Classic Villains Will Populate Gotham (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Classic Villains Will Populate Gotham (14/1/2014 11:38:35 AM)

Post your comments on this article

CHEWIEHAN1 -> Undoing (14/1/2014 11:38:35 AM)

This sounds dreadful. A Smallville-esque teen-fest undoing all the hard work Chris Nolan put in to restoring the Batman's image after the Joel Schumacher debacle... Booooooooooooooooo.

waltham1979 -> RE: Undoing (14/1/2014 12:18:13 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: CHEWIEHAN1

This sounds dreadful. A Smallville-esque teen-fest undoing all the hard work Chris Nolan put in to restoring the Batman's image after the Joel Schumacher debacle... Booooooooooooooooo.

I actually really like the sound of this. With Danny Cannon on board as director - if he can make it as gritty and as stylized as his CSI days - then I really think this could work.

And to be honest anything has got to be better than SHIELD!

Gazzabrook -> Tie-in? (14/1/2014 12:31:22 PM)

Could this Tie-in to Afleck's Bat-man - or even ARROW, now thats a great Superhero show

spideed2 -> A really dreadful idea (14/1/2014 12:34:25 PM)

Why do we need a Smallville version of Batman, didn't Smallville do enough indie band music playing over totes-emosh montages? That itself was a dreary badly acted show that went on way too long and prevaricating around his eventual turn into the superheroes at the end for about 165 characters worth of screen time.

Leave it alone.

waltham1979 -> RE: A really dreadful idea (14/1/2014 2:27:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: spideed2

Why do we need a Smallville version of Batman, didn't Smallville do enough indie band music playing over totes-emosh montages? That itself was a dreary badly acted show that went on way too long and prevaricating around his eventual turn into the superheroes at the end for about 165 characters worth of screen time.

Leave it alone.

I don't see the similarities between this and Smallville, beyond the comic connection. That was a retelling of Superman's origins; this is focused on the Gotham City Police Department with the origins of Batman sounding like its very much second fiddle in the backgreound which is why it appeals to me. Think it could be awesome if it goes down stylistically the CSI style of narrative.

MDG_78 -> RE: A really dreadful idea (14/1/2014 3:06:29 PM)

Agree with an above poster that as long as it is better than SHIELD that would be great! Well, not too hard. Arrow is top-notch TV though, wasn't sure at first but glad I stuck with it. Looking forward to its return.

This series I am curious about, could go either way but one thing's for sure the budget better be big, Game Of Thrones-big or it will fail.

PoliteElliot -> The Bat-canon sounds awesome... (15/1/2014 10:15:42 AM)

... can't wait to see how much damage one of those things causes. And of course, what's better than a Bat-canon? Two Bat-canons...

Mr_Haze1810 -> Gotham Not!!! (15/1/2014 1:47:00 PM)

It would be interesting, but the suggestion that it "won't be beholden to the comics either" makes me like this idea less and less.

Batman is the catalyst for the costumed vigilantes appearing in the same way Superman is the catalyst for the costumed heroes. By introducing these villains into a series that's going to start with Bruce Wayne as a 12 year old (keeping in mind most of Batman's Rogues Gallery are of similar age to the hero) this means that when Batman finally faces off against characters like The Joker or The Riddler or Catwoman (who he's arguably romantically linked to in ALL bat-media) they'll be old fogies!!! That means we end up with a story about a violent young man (he's in his mid-to-late twenties when he puts on the cowl) who goes around assaulting OAPs!

Also, giving The Joker a history will rob the character of his menace. he's not meant to have motivations beyond death and destruction!!!

Why can't we just have a new Bat-Franchise with Affleck taking the reigns (directing & starring) and injecting some of that Argo/Gone Baby, Gone magic into it. And lets pray for a decent movie version of Robin too while we're at it!!

Wicket55 -> Could go either way! (20/1/2014 5:22:11 PM)

Really does depend on how they choose to do this, but I have a bad feeling that we will get a Smallville-like teen superheroes series! Christ, I really don't want to see a Teen Joker!
If the show however, is more in the vein of the 90s animated series, which is by far, the purest essence of Batman closest to the actual comics, and with a mature narrative to boot, this could be bloody amazing! But, I really don't want to hear about young master Bruce having problems with his Bat boner!

Wicket55 -> Could go either way! (20/1/2014 5:23:25 PM)

Really does depend on how they choose to do this, but I have a bad feeling that we will get a Smallville-like teen superheroes series! Christ, I really don't want to see a Teen Joker!
If the show however, is more in the vein of the 90s animated series, which is by far, the purest essence of Batman closest to the actual comics, and with a mature narrative to boot, this could be bloody amazing! But, I really don't want to hear about young master Bruce having problems with his Bat boner!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI