Danny Cannon Directing Gotham Pilot (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Danny Cannon Directing Gotham Pilot (8/1/2014 12:26:22 PM)

Post your comments on this article

GrizBe -> RE: Agents? Who cares!? (8/1/2014 8:14:05 PM)

Seriously... am I the only person only person out there enjoying Agents of SHIELD? While I admit it may not be the best show in the world, its certainly no-where near as bad as some people are making out. Hell... its better then Smallville and Arrow.

Anyway.. Stan Lee cameo in anything equals awesome. I'll be looking forward to that.

As for the Gotham show... I'll hold judgement until I see it. Much as I loved the liked of Year One etc, something before that could be challenging to do, unless we get the set up to some of the more interesting or obscure Batman villains.

balkaster -> RE: Agents? Who cares!? (8/1/2014 9:17:47 PM)

quote:

Seriously... am I the only person only person out there enjoying Agents of SHIELD?...

Totally agree GrizBe. This is a solid show. I don't know what people are expecting. IMAX 3D in their living rooms? The cast of The Avengers in every episode? This show is every inch as good as early episodes of Buffy and Angel before the mythology got rolling, except that AoS is already building mythology. I believe that some people are easily led, and many of the haters read someone claiming the show sucked, so they believe it whole-heartedly and uncritically. There are not that many shows currently airing that are better, and most of them are much, much worse. Is it A-list Whedon? No, and that's only because he's not running the show. You want a Whedon show to suck? Take a look at Dollhouse, which was so interfered-with by the network that it couldn't have been anything other than a mess.

And I agree with the Gotham sentiment also. I can't get excited yet about something that has so much pre-existing material to work with yet chooses to ignore it all. It's all going to be in the execution, and we'll have to wait and see.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI