The Worst Films Of 2013 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> The Worst Films Of 2013 (13/12/2013 4:26:48 PM)

Post your comments on this article

GrizBe -> (13/12/2013 4:26:48 PM)

Its Movie 43. Not 42. 42 was a separate baseball biography.

I'd also suggest adding After Earth, R.I.P.D. The Old Boy remake (Its made less then $4million worldwide on a $30million budget) and the One Direction and Justin Beiber movies.

elphantasmo -> Ass Kicked more like (13/12/2013 4:45:35 PM)

How did Kick Ass 2 not make this list?

Osric -> RE: (13/12/2013 5:04:22 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrizBe

Its Movie 43. Not 42. 42 was a separate baseball biography.

I'd also suggest adding After Earth, R.I.P.D. The Old Boy remake (Its made less then $4million worldwide on a $30million budget) and the One Direction and Justin Beiber movies.

Part of Oldboy's problem must be that nowhere is bloody showing it. I don't know why they didn't just send it straight to video if the extent of its theatrical release in the UK was one cinema per every three cities showing it once a day at 10pm.

GrizBe -> RE: RE: (13/12/2013 7:01:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elphantasmo
How did Kick Ass 2 not make this list?

Erm.. because it made enough of a profit that a 3rd one is in the works?

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osric
Part of Oldboy's problem must be that nowhere is bloody showing it. I don't know why they didn't just send it straight to video if the extent of its theatrical release in the UK was one cinema per every three cities showing it once a day at 10pm.

Well I know that in the UK, Odeon cinemas were showing it when it came out, as were Vue cinemas, and my local independent one for that matter. I think half the problem was that Old Boy was a cult film in the first place, and badly remaking something with only a cult following is always going to be a mistake.

Darren47 -> (13/12/2013 10:21:49 PM)

Wait a minute, where's After Earth?

hotspur62 -> Where is The Counsellor? (13/12/2013 10:51:39 PM)

Have only seen two films on the list (Die Hard & GI Joe) and didn't see the rest as they looked likely to be poor, and quite possibly Diana is the worst film of the last decade but I haven't seen it. However I did see the big steaming pile of doo-doo that was The Counsellor. A great cast was wasted on a d-I-r-e Cormac McCarthy script, there was very little plot with a lot of stuff on screen that didn't drive the plot along at all and with the exception of when Brad Pitt was on screen it was very very boring. I've yet to speak to anyone who enjoyed it and I would recommend avoiding it at all costs.

Mulholland Empire -> Sigh... (13/12/2013 11:31:39 PM)

How did Byzantium not make this list? I wanted my money back after that two hours of pretentious twaddle. And World War Z and Pacific Rim though this magazine would never dare question Del Toro.
As for G.I. Joe ok it's not Citizen Kane but compared to the first one it was. I can only assume Owen Williams has no idea how much closer the sequel was to the source material than the terrible first one was. Empire has become very predictable of late.

Annekaelse -> Umm.., (14/12/2013 12:43:44 AM)

No, it's not movie 42, but it's not the starving games or a haunted house. The point is its a parody, so they're changing the names.
And although die hard deserves to be on here in comparison to the last four, without the previous four it does not really deserve to be on this list.

Annekaelse -> Umm.., (14/12/2013 12:43:46 AM)

No, it's not movie 42, but it's not the starving games or a haunted house. The point is its a parody, so they're changing the names.
And although die hard deserves to be on here in comparison to the last four, without the previous four it does not really deserve to be on this list.

fuzzy1659 -> Yup all shite! (14/12/2013 1:53:19 AM)

The ones i saw from here were all shite&the others one i don't ever want to soil my eyes with, the only exception been maybe Only God Forgives which i haven't been able to bring myself to watch yet and obviously it seems it can go either way for people. I like Nicolas Winding Refn but if its anything like Valhalla Rising, which i don't care how many stars you gave, was an utter waste of 2hrs i'll probably hate it, although it does seem to have more to it then that crap. Always find when the word experimental is used though it can go quite dramatically either way. Would add some of the others that have been mentioned though like Byzantium, Pacific Rim&After Earth.

darth statto -> There appears to be some mistake. (14/12/2013 7:06:24 AM)

You forgot After Earth. Not only the worst film of the year, but the worst film in living memory.

Kev2012 -> Missing two.. (14/12/2013 7:28:05 AM)

Erm, there are two films missing from this list (at least).

Movie 43, took one of the most star packed casts in memory, and gave us an unfunny, lewd film, devoid of anything of merit. What the hell were they thinking?

The Hangover Part III. What the hell was it meant to be? It's not a comedy, it's not an action, buddy film, it simply exists. There's the whiff of contractual obligation all over this mess, and it shows on screen. Dreadful.

Kev2012 -> Missing two.. (14/12/2013 7:34:22 AM)

Erm, there are two films missing from this list (at least).

Movie 43, took one of the most star packed casts in memory, and gave us an unfunny, lewd film, devoid of anything of merit. What the hell were they thinking?

The Hangover Part III. What the hell was it meant to be? It's not a comedy, it's not an action, buddy film, it simply exists. There's the whiff of contractual obligation all over this mess, and it shows on screen. Dreadful.

markbick -> The Conjuring?? (14/12/2013 8:51:42 AM)

What about The Conjuring? It was like a bad TV movie - me and my wife chuckled through most of it despite a couple of good jumps. Overacting, comedy dialogue, predictable plot and yet Empire rated it, surprisingly

bendoofus -> Run for your wife! (14/12/2013 8:53:34 AM)

Was from this year, no?

hellboyx -> (14/12/2013 9:05:03 AM)

good list, to the person talking about Oldboy's box office takings, yes it has only taken $4million but it has only been released in 583 cinemas, not a fair judgement although I agree it does not look good

deathbat6661 -> (14/12/2013 9:43:51 AM)

Insidious: Chapter 2. The first one was a great, if completely crackers horror throwback, but that one was just a mess.

JamesPorter -> These are the worst (14/12/2013 10:02:29 AM)

R.I.P.D, After Earth, The Family, Movie 43, The Lone Ranger, A Good Day to Die Hard, The Best Man Holiday, Paranoia, The To-Do List, Grown Ups 2, Scary Movie V, Peeples, Side Effects, Hansel & Gretel Witch Hunters, The Hangover Part 3

SammyH31 -> What are you saying? (14/12/2013 10:16:34 AM)

Pacific rim was actually a great movie, should not be on here. And world war z was brilliant...
Personally, Elysium was awful but empire rated it.
And mortal instruments is getting a 2nd movie in the works, I don't know how everyone feels about that though:/
I think a good day to die hard was the worst for me!!!

SammyH31 -> What are you saying? (14/12/2013 10:24:42 AM)

Pacific rim was actually a great movie, should not be on here. And world war z was brilliant...
Personally, Elysium was awful but empire rated it.
And mortal instruments is getting a 2nd movie in the works, I don't know how everyone feels about that though:/
I think a good day to die hard was the worst for me!!!

bendoofus -> Run for your wife! (14/12/2013 11:50:03 AM)

Was from this year, no?

rediconoclast -> Fair list (14/12/2013 12:37:46 PM)

All of the above. I would also include Movie 43 and the thoroughly disappointing, overblown and tedious Thor: The Dark World. Surprised to see The Lone Ranger, Elysium and Byzantium appear in some comments: perhaps not the best movies, but entertaining twaddle nonetheless - and there have been far worse this year.

rediconoclast -> Fair list (14/12/2013 12:49:07 PM)

All of the above. I would also include Movie 43 and the thoroughly disappointing, overblown and tedious Thor: The Dark World. Surprised to see The Lone Ranger, Elysium and Byzantium appear in some comments: perhaps not the best movies, but entertaining twaddle nonetheless - and there have been far worse this year.

contully -> Grown Ups 2? (14/12/2013 2:44:18 PM)

This is literally one of the worst films I have seen in my life. let alone just 2013. I genuinely felt dumber for having watched it - I was forced to, it wasn't by choice. I know it's meant to be a kids film, but it didn't even have a decent message to kids at the end, they literally solved their problems with a giant fight - That's right kids, violence is the best way to overcome any bullying or personal problem.

adventurelandprog -> Now You See Me (14/12/2013 3:25:18 PM)

Literally the most convuluted and laxidasical film of 2013. The fact that it makes the Best of... list is a crime against humanity and cinema.

J_BUltimatum -> (14/12/2013 7:28:41 PM)

Gravity deserves to be on this list... apart from Empire and a few critics, I (personally) have not met a single person who liked it. Also Les Miserables should be here as well as Iron Man 3 Grown Ups 2!!

rediconoclast -> Fair list (14/12/2013 8:21:13 PM)

Whistler -> RE: (15/12/2013 12:33:00 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: J_BUltimatum

Gravity deserves to be on this list... apart from Empire and a few critics, I (personally) have not met a single person who liked it. Also Les Miserables should be here as well as Iron Man 3 Grown Ups 2!!

[&o]

Mark David -> Aren't you guys forgetting something…? (15/12/2013 9:14:21 AM)

1. The Bling Ring. Why the hell isn't The Bloody Awful Vacuous Bling Ring on this list?!
2. Man of Steel
3. Rush.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI