Wonder Woman Will Appear In Batman Vs. Superman (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Wonder Woman Will Appear In Batman Vs. Superman (4/12/2013 6:49:23 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Invader_Ace -> RE: Wonder why Warners (4/12/2013 7:01:56 PM)

So. She'll pretty much have to live in a gym from now until filming, look at her in that article photo! Wonder Woman?!

Deviation -> RE: Wonder why Warners (4/12/2013 7:14:14 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

So. She'll pretty much have to live in a gym from now until filming, look at her in that article photo! Wonder Woman?!

Careful, she might hear you and Krav Maga you.

With this, it's still not my most excited Superman and Batman and Wonder Woman movie coming out these next few years.

NeoBrowser -> RE: Godot is just WRONG for the part! (5/12/2013 2:52:31 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alien Hunter

She is not tough looking enough to play Wonder Woman. More importantly she dosen't even look the part! This may sound sexist but bear with me, She does not have the body for it! Wonder Woman is this curvy and [ahem] busty woman! If Jackman, Bale, and Cavill are willing to make their bodies close to the characters then choose an actress who looks the part. Gina Carano would have been a perfect fit! Godot is far too skinny and small!

I agree. Gina Carrano would have been the best choice. But I'm ok with this one. More ok than with Affleck.

Artoo -> Chill! She will be fine! (5/12/2013 9:51:41 AM)

I'll reserve judgement until I see it but I think that she'll be fine in the role. She'll clearly need to work out massively for the role but I'm sure she'll do it with absolutely no problems. Look at how much muscle Cavill put on for M.O.S, and I dare say Affleck will be built like a shit-house door in it BvS too. 3months full on training is all you need to go from in-shape to buff-as-fuck, and with the scientifically tailored diets and workout regimes people in Hollywoodland undertake regularly I have no doubts she will meet the physical requirements of the role.

I have only seen her act in F&F5 & 6 and in neither film could she be described as either terrible or brilliant - she was simply o.k and totally inoffensive, and I'm pretty sure BvS doesn't need a Meryl Streep or Maggie Smith in terms of acting for it to be a hit!

Chill the fuck out peeps - she'll be fine!!

I do think she could do with bigger boobs though. Do they have a workout regime for that?? [;)]

BelfastBoy -> RE: Wrong Wrong Wrong (5/12/2013 10:36:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: EvilDoctorPorkChop

Before i start on a rant, Just look at the photo above. What does Wonder Woman have that Gal Gadot doesn't? Muscles, curves and she looks like she could kill you. Gal Gadot is a very skinny women, with 0 curves. (Ok she is hot in fast and furious) and just looks too sweet and innocent. Henry Cavill was a big git even before man of steel but you can't tell me she is gonna put on the pounds for this role. Gotta agree with comment sabove about Gina Carano. Got the figure got the look could definatly pull it off. Maybe they will have Gal Gadot in motion-capture for when she dons the outfit.Or just don't have her as Wonder Woman in Batman vs Superman. Just her alter-ego.

Why on earth would you motion capture her for a CGI superhero appearance? This is Wonder Woman, not Green Lantern! I imagine WW's outfit will be more functional and less revealing than the customary Lynda Carter type of titillation, but it should still be a practical costume rather than a special effect. To do that would be adding complication and cost for no reason. Despite what people may think, even big-budget films do things practically on set / in camera wherever possible.

To those favouring Gina Carano - she looks great, can handle any fighting and stuntwork required...but she's a terrible actress. I know superhero films generally don't win awards for acting, but the casting of Affleck implies some sort of dramatic ambition for the film, and Henry Cavill is more than just a pretty face. (Yes, I'm fully aware Heath Ledger won an Oscar for The Dark Knight). In Haywire, Carano was surrounded by A-List talent, and still came across about as animated as an action figure next to the likes of Fassbender et al.

AxlReznor -> RE: Wrong Wrong Wrong (5/12/2013 10:50:16 AM)

Has it been confirmed that she will be a major character? Because she might just play an extremely minor role, in which case it would just be as a build-up to a Justice League movie rather than a Justice League movie in its own right.

For some reason, whenever a new character is announced for a comic book movie there are cries of things like "too many characters!" as if people forget that not every character in a film has to be a major character. And even if they are, there are plenty of ensemble casts in films that have worked.

As for Gal Gadot's appropriateness for the role of Wonder Woman - I'll reserve judgement as I've only seen her in Fast Five so far. I think she looks the part, though. Like Affleck, I'm pretty sure people complaining about this casting will stop and move onto something else as soon as the next actor/character is announced. [;)]

Cool Breeze -> RE: Godot is just WRONG for the part! (5/12/2013 3:48:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Alien Hunter

She is not tough looking enough to play Wonder Woman. More importantly she dosen't even look the part! This may sound sexist but bear with me, She does not have the body for it! Wonder Woman is this curvy and [ahem] busty woman! If Jackman, Bale, and Cavill are willing to make their bodies close to the characters then choose an actress who looks the part. Gina Carano would have been a perfect fit! Godot is far too skinny and small!

Disagree.Carano may be tough but she is not good looking enough to play Wonder Woman.

Hillsman -> Gadot? (6/12/2013 1:27:39 PM)

She's cheap.

CandyAppleFox -> As a female Superhero myself... (12/12/2013 5:18:54 PM)

(albeit an amateur one), I am nothing but passionate about flying the flag for us girls.

We are �Super�. We are naturally stronger/better than ANY normal man on the planet and we�re continuously and relentlessly underrated in the cinematic representation of our social grouping.

We are an ethnic minority and we are overlooked.

The idea that one of our queens: Wonder Woman will be depicted in the #SuperBat movie is truly exciting. The idea that she�ll probably be utilised as a romantic antagonist ONLY for one of the male leads is deeply unsatisfying and disappointing.

I had the immense pleasure of actually meeting Wonder Woman a few years ago - and she certainly has a story to tell :-) she is mental. The bottom line is: she is a Woman AND she is a Superhero and that means (by default) that I�ll get her Back regardless, though I�m sure her Back needs not getting.

The big Superhero Agencies right now (Marvel, DC, IDW, Dark Horse, etc) only have signed-contracts with a handful of �a-list� female clients. I do hope to change that myself someday � but until that day arrives, the greatest day in MY life would be the day that sees a cinematic representation of a super girl honestly beating the cr*p out of a super guy.

Romance may follow organically.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI