Did Magneto Play A Part In The JFK Conspiracy? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Did Magneto Play A Part In The JFK Conspiracy? (26/11/2013 9:35:29 AM)

Post your comments on this article

coomi77 -> Did Nicholas hoult and hugh Hackman have such a good time... (26/11/2013 9:35:29 AM)

That they got married. Still, jackman would definitely be butch of the two of them. Explains why hoult took his name lol

SCTYC -> Terrific viral site (26/11/2013 11:04:34 AM)

It's great when the PR is done right for a future film and I think they're judging it perfectly for Days of Future Past. I really enjoyed the way First Class tied in its story with historic events and as I suspected, it seems as though this will too. As a student of civil rights and the period, the viral site is entertaining and captures the mood really well. Looking forward to next May!

Gazzabrook -> Hasn't he always ? (26/11/2013 12:31:33 PM)

I Swear he has always had a role in JFK in the comics or have I just made this up ...

BelfastBoy -> RE: Hasn't he always ? (26/11/2013 12:58:55 PM)

If the infamous 'magic bullet' was being steered by Magneto, that would explain why it could do all that damage and make so many direction changes!

Pala36 -> (26/11/2013 3:51:57 PM)

I remember before days of future past was announced people were talking about the sequel to first class and what it would be about. I'm sure there was a quote from someone involved with the sequel saying that it would include the JFK assassination. I assumed this idea was scrapped when DOFP started hitting the headlines, glad it wasn't

tolkienerd -> It's a good concept but... (26/11/2013 4:03:55 PM)

I don't consider myself to be a prude, but is it not a bit sick to use someone's assassination/murder as publicity for a movie?

I'm not sure I'd want a member of my family's death to be used in such a way.

TPM007 -> RE: (26/11/2013 4:11:45 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Pala36

I remember before days of future past was announced people were talking about the sequel to first class and what it would be about. I'm sure there was a quote from someone involved with the sequel saying that it would include the JFK assassination. I assumed this idea was scrapped when DOFP started hitting the headlines, glad it wasn't

You're right, Matthew Vaughn himself - http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=32406

But I think a lot has changed since Vaughn mentioned it, but I too am glad it still exists.

And yes, that viral site is brilliant! I even started to believe Magneto really did do it at one point! I just hope it's not a detail they simply skim over, if not, I'd love to see a film deal with this directly, much the same way as Vaughn had in mind. This film gets more interesting the more I hear about it!

tolkienerd -> It's a good concept but... (26/11/2013 4:14:04 PM)

I don't consider myself to be a prude, but is it not a bit sick to use someone's assassination/murder as publicity for a movie?

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: It's a good concept but... (26/11/2013 5:01:35 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tolkienerd

I'd have to agree.

Jonny24 -> RE: It's a good concept but... (26/11/2013 6:57:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: OPEN YOUR EYES

quote:

ORIGINAL: tolkienerd

I'd have to agree.

I agree too. It's understandable and laudable putting comic book characters in general historic settings, as per Magneto surviving the holocaust, but implying a direct cause/effect like the JFK assassination feels cheap and awkward, not to mention stupid.

BelfastBoy -> RE: It's a good concept but... (27/11/2013 12:44:40 PM)

Didn't X Files jump on this particular bandwagon years ago? As well as the three characters known as 'The Lone Gunmen', wasn't the Cigarette Smoking Man revealed as either being the actual Lone Gunman who killed Kennedy, or one of a team of shooters?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.152344E-02