The Doctor Who's Who: A Guide To The Time Lord's Incarnations Through The Years (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> The Doctor Who's Who: A Guide To The Time Lord's Incarnations Through The Years (21/11/2013 1:57:59 PM)

Post your comments on this article

TimEdwards -> (21/11/2013 1:57:59 PM)

Excellent feature and beautifully presented. Thanks.

cahoopuk -> (21/11/2013 2:53:09 PM)

Awesome list but there's an episode missing from Tennant's run in my opinion: the awesome Girl in the Fireplace; my favourite tenth stand-alone

tommyinglis -> Amazing Feature (21/11/2013 7:23:35 PM)

But for the 11th Doctor, I feel "A Good Man Goes To War" should included. It perfectly shows eleven's wit and his amazing sense of showmanship, as well as his wrath. Best 11 episode in my opinion.

casheliser -> Great list but.... (21/11/2013 8:19:36 PM)

Great list but for me Girl in the Fireplace & Vincent and the Doctor are 2 of my favourites. Blink is a great episode too and well deserved to be on the list.

GrizBe -> Probably one of the best articles you've written for a while... (21/11/2013 9:36:47 PM)

But I agree with the others. Girl in the Fireplace and Blink defiantely needed to be on the list for the 10th, and A Good Man Goes to War and Vincent defiantely for the 11th.

Topper_Harley -> Great Article (22/11/2013 12:48:36 AM)

Fantastic piece this. Genesis of the Daleks from the Tom Baker era has to be my favourite Doctor Who story, even though I am a huge fan of the modern era shows. Despite the still somewhat wonky sets, Genesis was the first thing on television that showed me that a TV series could have real dramatic depth and still be entertaining. His moral anguish when on the brink of committing genocide is brilliantly played by Tom Baker, off an excellent script.

Sean Alexander -> Where's K-9? (22/11/2013 5:23:01 PM)

You forgot the snooty dog thing. Both of them.

livapr99 -> (22/11/2013 6:25:41 PM)

What about 'A Christmas Carol' for the Eleventh Doctor? Overall, though, a good article.

wgfuzzydunlop1 -> Love the article. But... (22/11/2013 8:36:05 PM)

...it's DEREK Jacobi. Not David.

RachelMcCarter9012 -> (24/11/2013 2:53:39 AM)

until I saw the bank draft that said $8966, I be certain ...that...my father in law woz like they say truley bringing in money in their spare time on their apple laptop.. there neighbour has done this less than seventeen months and resently paid the dept on there mini mansion and bought a gorgeous Porsche 911. I went here,...JUMP85.COM

sirvolkar -> (24/11/2013 11:54:56 AM)

Nice handy article :) Also concur that The Girl In The Fireplace and Blink should be in the mix. Still don't understand why Moffatt's more intellectual approach to story-telling is often viewed negatively - beats the dumbed down approach of RTD's run (The Big Red Button Era). I would disagree with the comment on the 10ths Master - Jacobi was fantastic, Simms was pantomime dreadful! RTD's period was often camp, but Simm's Master was better suited to Adam West's Batman. Shame, as he is a great actor usually.

Morehumanthanhuman -> Missed one (24/11/2013 1:39:33 PM)

I'm not a massive Dr Who fan, but I fail to see why Paul Mcgann gets a mention as the 8th doctor and yet Peter Cushing played the character several times never gets a mention. I loved those films as a kid getting constant repeats during the summer holidays.

PaoloCorleone -> (24/11/2013 8:58:46 PM)

livapr99. There WAS A Christmas Carol for the Doctor. It was called a Christmas Carol and aired on Christmas Day 2010

GrizBe -> RE: Missed one (25/11/2013 12:05:08 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Morehumanthanhuman

I'm not a massive Dr Who fan, but I fail to see why Paul Mcgann gets a mention as the 8th doctor and yet Peter Cushing played the character several times never gets a mention. I loved those films as a kid getting constant repeats during the summer holidays.

Peter Cushing played A Doctor, not THE Doctor. And he only did it for 2 TV movies. While the two movies, Doctor Who and the Daleks, and Doctor Who: Daleks Invasion Earth were based on the television series, they are not considered as canon within the main, TV universe.

Cushing's Doctor was a human inventor, not a Time Lord. He also invented and built his Tardis, rather then it being the product of Time Lord science. The characters name was also Doctor Who. Who being used as the family/surname, rather then just the title of The Doctor.

christofurr -> This was great... (25/11/2013 3:41:21 PM)

...although I guess **SPOILERS** (sort of) you'll have to re-arrange the numerical order now - and although it was a one-off, I would consider Sally Sparrow to be a companion, and definitely one of my favourites - such a shame that now Carey Mulligan has made it SO big, we're unlikely to see her reprise the role... well, not until the 2025 Children In Need special anyway

CaptainAwesome -> (28/11/2013 1:53:59 PM)

I might be missing something but shouldn't John Hurt be on the list as the 9th Doctor?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI