Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones And Luke Cage - What You Need To Know (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Daredevil, Iron Fist, Jessica Jones And Luke Cage - What You Need To Know (8/11/2013 6:27:12 PM)

Post your comments on this article

themanfromunkle -> Epic fail (8/11/2013 6:27:12 PM)

Ryan Gosling should get the gig for Daredevil if they ever decide to make another film-tv I wouldn't argue with Garrett as a tv DD-Charlie Hunnam as Iron Fist & Brie Larson for Jessica Jones-Michael Jai White I have no issue with as I have seen Black Dynamite & it wouldn't be a stretch for him but the others-PLEASE!!!! REALLY?!?!? (Michael B Jordan;empires answer to everything-even playing the shark in Jaws)

veedlemonster -> FANCAST! (8/11/2013 7:22:46 PM)

Michael Jai White as Cage! Iko Uwais as Iron Fist (middle-class white orphan has been done to death)! Alexis Bledel as Jess Jones? Sure, why not. Garret Hedlund as Daredevil is... well, pretty perfect, I wish I'd thought of it..

veedlemonster -> PS. Where is ol' Frank Castle? (8/11/2013 7:24:35 PM)

Here's hoping for a cameo from Thomas Jane in that Defenders crossover series. Punisher is the perfect addition to the "street level" heroes, besides maybe Moon Knight - they still can't seem to decide exactly how mystical or batmany he is in the comics...

RobertX -> Iron Fist? Black? (8/11/2013 10:37:21 PM)

No. That doesn't need to happen and that shouldn't happen.

philglasgow -> RE: Iron Fist? Black? (9/11/2013 6:40:26 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: RobertX

No. That doesn't need to happen and that shouldn't happen.

Why not? Admittedly you're right in part... it doesn't need to happen. No reason at all why it shouldn't happen though.

Danny Rand's ethnicity has never been a defining element of the character. If the right actor comes along and happens to be caucasian, hispanic, black, or even asian then there's absolutely no good reason he shouldn't be cast.

GrizBe -> RE: Iron Fist? Black? (10/11/2013 11:39:55 AM)

Completely agree that there is no reason that Danny Rand couldn't be black. Heck... looked at Heimdall in the Thor movies. Always white in the comic, but then that cast Idris Elba as him.. and now honestly I can't see him as anyone else.

Should he be however? No. While I agree that there aren't anywhere near enough heros of different ethnicities, simply 'black-washing' existing characters isn't the way to do it to create more. If this was the other way around and Rand was already black and they were suggesting making him white there would be all kinds of outcries of racism etc. But that's not the point... making a character black, pretty much simply for the hell of it, is not a positive image or activity we should be engaging in.

Okay... that aside. I'm now going to petition Marvel to make a alternate universe with an all ethnic Avengers team... Captain Afro-America!

/silliness.

JonnyFave -> (10/11/2013 7:38:03 PM)

You've suggested the most obvious (& boring) names for each role. Michael B Jordan & Garett Hedlund has been suggested for every franchise role available at the moment. Come on, Empire! Be more imaginative.

FoxDhoj -> YES (10/11/2013 8:34:55 PM)

Michael Jai White in particular would be amazing - Black Dynamite and those scenes from The Dark Knight and (deleted) Kill Bill were all excellent. He should be in at least one of these shows!

Osric -> RE: (10/11/2013 9:03:15 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: JonnyFave

You've suggested the most obvious (& boring) names for each role. Michael B Jordan & Garett Hedlund has been suggested for every franchise role available at the moment. Come on, Empire! Be more imaginative.

I would never have thought of Garrett Hedlund in a hundred years, but I think he's potentially PERFECT. When I saw On the Road I didn't even recognise him as the guy from Tron. He's just completely not on my radar. What else has he been suggested for? I think that's a really good shout. And Michael Jai White is obvious for a reason. Seriously, who better? C'mon genius - what are your amazing off-the-wall choices?

JonnyFave -> RE: RE: (10/11/2013 10:29:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Osric

quote:

ORIGINAL: JonnyFave

I would never have thought of Garrett Hedlund in a hundred years, but I think he's potentially PERFECT. When I saw On the Road I didn't even recognise him as the guy from Tron. He's just completely not on my radar. What else has he been suggested for? I think that's a really good shout. And Michael Jai White is obvious for a reason. Seriously, who better? C'mon genius - what are your amazing off-the-wall choices?

Whoa! Didn't mean to offend you that much. Just egging Empire to give other less-known actors, that haven't previously starred as a blockbuster lead, a chance. I think he was considered for Cap America and a few other big roles around the same time as bagging the Tron lead.

My suggestions? Hmm, perhaps actors that have gathered popularity from other small-screen roles:

Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje for Luke Cage (has the right physicality and intensity)
Nikolaj Coster-Waldau for Daredevil (His roman nose would fit well in a cowl)
Sarah Bolger for Jessica Jones (Good balance of vulnerability, but can play those powerful scenes quite well)
Theo Rossi for Iron Fist (has that Ethnicity and looks like he can handle himself).

Anyway, horses for courses. :)

philglasgow -> RE: Iron Fist? Black? (10/11/2013 10:56:28 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrizBe

Okay... that aside. I'm now going to petition Marvel to make a alternate universe with an all ethnic Avengers team... Captain Afro-America!

/silliness.

No need to make that petition. Just look at the current Mighty Avengers team.

spideed2 -> Breaking news (11/11/2013 1:23:13 PM)

...Garrett Hedlund to join JGL, Tom Hardy and Ryan Gosling on the list of actors who are picked for every role under the sun. e.g. Case in point, reed voiced blonde Ryan Gosling as Batman.

I like the article anyway guys but not a fan of these choices and Jai White is the only one I would even consider for the role.

Artoo -> RE: Breaking news (11/11/2013 3:30:58 PM)

Michael Jai-White is perfect for Luke Cage because....well.....he practically IS Luke Cage - just look at the bloke!! [:D] That said Terry Crews would also be a great pick for Cage!!

I wouldn't mind Garrett Hedlund as Matt Murdock, he's a competent enough actor - but I would prefer to see Damien Lewis in the part although he might be knocking on a bit for Daredevil! A younger version of Damien Lewis then.....[;)]

Michael B Jordan for Iron Fist is just a lazy and cynical call from Empire quite frankly! He's Empire's flavour of the month and they knew that by suggesting him it would stir up a bit of controversy because he's black where as Danny Rand is white. That in itself doesn't really bother me unless the character needs to be a certain ethnicity (Black Panther, Thor etc) but I would prefer them to stick to the source material if I'm honest! How would we all feel about a Chinese Daredevil or an Indian Wolverine? Doesn't feel right does it? I'd personally like to see Lliam Hemsworth play him - he might even be able to get his brother Thor to help out every so often!! [;)]

Jessica Jones is admittedly a character I know little about, but reading what Empire have got on here about her I reckon Kirsten Stewart could be good (she does the teen angst thing well you have to admit) but if she's simply too much Twilight for your liking how about Amy Acker?

DImperio -> Damien Lewis for DD (16/11/2013 5:33:43 PM)

He's the only obvious choice for me.
Get him beefed up and he can do both a vigilante and lawyer. easy.
Plus he's ginger.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI