Disney And Netflix Team Up For Four Marvel Miniseries (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Disney And Netflix Team Up For Four Marvel Miniseries (7/11/2013 4:29:56 PM)

Post your comments on this article

jallison31 -> RE: Nice idea... but... (7/11/2013 5:38:58 PM)

With the success of Phase 1 and Phase 2 so far, it isn't necessary that the audience needs a strong interest in the main character as they'll watch it because it is Marvel. Whether the TV shows will work or be any good is another matter and that's what they will be judged on. To me it sounds like a better concept with more potential than Agents of Shield, which has been rather average so far, and I'm excited to see how it pans out.

Quentin Black -> RE: Nice idea... but... (8/11/2013 12:23:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: GrizBe

Is there enough interest in these characters to make it work?

Okay, yes we've had a Dare Devil movie before, and theres been fan-hype about Luke Cage... But Iron Fist and a character I had no clue who the hell they were before I looked them up? I feel this is going to be a massive flop unless its a 'Dare Devil and Supporting cast' show.

Few had even heard of Iron Man before Marvel took over the big screen. Now we're talking about the Guardians of the Galaxy, Dr Strange and Ant Man getting their own films. Quality will bring it's own interest.

Marvel's success has never come from playing it safe. Their directorial and casting choices for their summer blockbusters have all been risks that have, for the most part, paid off. This announcement is probably the best move they could make. All four characters have a lot of dark, gritty and adult material to draw from and each show would depict a different aspect of street crime in New York city (Daredevil is a lawyer and vigilante, Jessica Jones is a private investigator, Luke Cage has his roots in Harlem and Iron Fist is a martial artist). All four characters exist in each others' worlds (Luke Cage and Jessica Jones were Daredevil's body guards for a while before getting together, while Iron Fist was Luke Cage's partner when they were Heroes for Hire), which makes the lead into a Defenders crossover a natural process. Assuming they get the stories, characters and cast right, none of these shows would need a particularly big budget making them perfect for the small screen. If Marvel do get them right, they could have four TV classics to their name.

The other route Marvel could have gone for is to ride the coat tails of their big screen success with the rumoured Agent Carter and Incredible Hulk shows. Like Agents of SHIELD, these shows would have been derivative and hurt by the limitations imposed by a smaller budget. They would also the Avengers material too thin and dilute the Marvel brand. There is a reason why Agents of SHIELD has been met with such mixed response.

Invader_Ace -> RE: Disney And Netflix Team Up For Four Marvel Miniseries (8/11/2013 9:41:24 AM)

Michael Jai White for Luke Cage please.

Frank Castle -> RE: Disney And Netflix Team Up For Four Marvel Miniseries (9/11/2013 2:04:46 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Invader_Ace

Michael Jai White for Luke Cage please.

and scott adkins for iron fist!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.599121E-02