Ridley Scott Talks Exodus, Prometheus 2 And Blade Runner 2 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Ridley Scott Talks Exodus, Prometheus 2 And Blade Runner 2 (28/10/2013 5:23:09 PM)

Post your comments on this article

sleepwalker -> (28/10/2013 5:23:09 PM)

I remember back when I was a youngun, it was different than these days, a quote from ridley scott 'd have this forum full of monkey shines faster than a racoon with a rocket up its ass.

bb -> Sir Ridley Scott Should Just RETIRE! (28/10/2013 5:50:34 PM)

THE COUNSELOR has been a disappointment, both with the critics and at the box-office, and I'm still fuming of how awful PROMETHEUS (2012) was. It's pretty much confirmed to me that Ridley is far more interested in style than he is at substance. I'm not that excited about his next film, EXODUS, either. It will probably get good write-ups for the visuals, but thumbs down for anything in the script and character development.

stucy -> Unfortunately (28/10/2013 6:11:24 PM)

I'll not be waiting with bated breath. I was really disappointed with prometheus. Personally i don't think the human mind could ever come up with a story clever enough.

Galahadfairlight -> RE: Ridley Scott Talks Exodus, Prometheus 2 And Blade Runner 2 (28/10/2013 6:49:34 PM)

Prometheus 2 is written? Ridley says 'written', or is it more like they had a load of words on a whiteboard, and threw darts at them to pick random themes, because if that isn't how the original Prometheus script was decided, i'm at a loss as to just how it was done, because theres no way in hell they actually paid anyone real actual money to 'write' it.... oh, they did didn't they! [:'(]

Prometheus was an insultingly bad movie, that looked pretty and had the additional 'brilliance' of having Charlize Theron in it, an actress noted for her penchant for shedding clothes, and didn't even make use of that!

A script that made no sense, with nonsensical reasons to goto that particular planet, asinine reasoning of 'I choose to believe', and 'intelligent' characters making dumb slasher movie moves to ensure they died.

I have no idea how the hell they are going to follow that mess of a movie, and frankly, i'm not inclined to spend my hard earned finding out either.

Ridley Scott has lost it, and Fassbender is being too kind when he says theres a mixed reaction to Prometheus.

Anthony Lynch -> (28/10/2013 6:53:47 PM)

I really love Ridley's work, semi-disappointments included. Damon Lindelof ruined Prometheus and Cormac McCarthy ruined The Counsellor. I await anything that Ridley puts out, hopefully if it's original and sci-fi.

The Watcher -> RE: (28/10/2013 8:37:37 PM)

Can't we just remove Prometheus from the Alien canon, pretend it didn't happen...then enlist someone, preferably Nolan, to give us a truly terrifying conclusion to the Alien franchise and leave it with some dignity...please!

The Watcher -> RE: RE: (28/10/2013 8:38:16 PM)

...or Danny Boyle come to think of it...give him the job

jazzyjules63 -> (29/10/2013 5:04:01 AM)

Ridley is and always has been the man. All the pretentious haters can kiss his and my asses.

chris wootton -> Kiss this (29/10/2013 9:11:17 AM)

He has done a decent film since Gladiator.. and that's over hyped.

dseys -> RE: (29/10/2013 10:41:33 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: jazzyjules63

Ridley is and always has been the man. All the pretentious haters can kiss his and my asses.

And mine.

I don't think he's lost it. Gladiator, Robin Hood, Body of Lies, American Gangster, Black Hawk Down, Kingdom of Heaven: quality film making.

Bousley -> RE: RE: (29/10/2013 2:00:59 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: The Watcher

Can't we just remove Prometheus from the Alien canon, pretend it didn't happen...then enlist someone, preferably Nolan, to give us a truly terrifying conclusion to the Alien franchise and leave it with some dignity...please!

Yeah, Ridley Scott should stop ruining the legacy of Alien and focus his attention where it should be ...

ruining the legacy of Blade Runner! [:D]

But seriously ... I think Mr. Scott should hand-off Blade Runner to one of the directors who was heavily influenced by it. Nolan would be good or Jones. At least they would have an understanding of the elements that made the original film great, which (listening to Mr. Scott in recent interviews), I don't believe he does any longer.

Aries17 -> Why the Praise? (29/10/2013 5:35:01 PM)

"The Counsellor" may be the worst big name film made in the past 15 years. I'm sure international sales will resemble 1998's god-awful "Sphere" but Scott et al should do themselves a favour and think twice before making more of this tawdry dribble.

magnicmac -> Prometheus (29/10/2013 10:51:01 PM)

I enjoyed Prometheus. Some people gave out about the plot or lack of it but did any of the Alien films have much of a plot? I'm interested to see how the story that we have comes together - so I for one am looking forward to part 2.

Eazytiger -> Prometheus 2 (17/12/2013 6:42:23 AM)

"In Space No One Hears You Scream"

Eazytiger -> Prometheus 2 (17/12/2013 6:43:19 AM)

"In Space No One Hears You Scream"

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI