Harrison Ford Talks Blade Runner Sequel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Harrison Ford Talks Blade Runner Sequel (9/10/2013 10:45:57 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Manfrendshensindshen -> (9/10/2013 10:45:57 AM)

I'll organise, as well as attend a Resident Evilathon and lick Paul W.T.F. Anderson's dirtiest shoes if that meant this project won't go ahead.

chris wootton -> (9/10/2013 10:47:34 AM)

This is going to be fucking awful

Litshttam -> (9/10/2013 2:12:41 PM)

"He was a Nexus 6, so we don't know how long he can live," Er, weren't the replicants Deckard's assigned to hunt Nexus 6, too, you know, the ones with a four-year lifespan (hence returning to Earth for 'repair')?

Oroborous -> No. (9/10/2013 6:25:29 PM)

After the train wreck of a film that was Prometheus, there is no faith I can muster in convincing myself that this won't be a travesty.
The notion that someone involved in the creation of Green Lantern has not only held onto their career, but has somehow ended up being chosen to work on the screenplay for a sequel to one of the great Sci Fi films of our times, is both laughable and yet utterly depressing. My God.

GUNS BLAZING -> ancient astronaut theorists surmise..... (9/10/2013 7:44:55 PM)

I liked Prometheus it reminded me of those H2 shows "Ancient Aliens" !

GUNS BLAZING -> STAR WARS ?? (9/10/2013 7:53:41 PM)

I think if Disney or Lucasfilm does not announce the cast of Episode 7 soon I will pull my hair out ! So don't go and busy up your schedule Harrison or crazed fan-boys will be out to get you....

Overmind -> RE: Harrison Ford Talks Blade Runner Sequel (9/10/2013 8:26:40 PM)

When the fanstream Reach kneehigh, you give inn.

Holbydude -> In all seriousness.... (9/10/2013 9:39:41 PM)

...The way this will work, to have Harry back, is to have Deckard we saw in 'Blade Runner' coming to the end of his lifespan (yes, he WAS A REPLICANT AND NO, HIS LIFESPAN WAS NOT 4 YEARS!) and looking for his, er, real self, now aged. Come on guys, Gaff knew he was a replicant and so did Tyrell! Deckard retired hmself & Tyrell substituted Deckard-Replicant.

tobywan -> Stop the nonsense (9/10/2013 11:30:14 PM)

Seriously, most here need to get a girlfriend or something . You ALL want to see this, don't pretend otherwise, just like me, you stared in wrapped awe at the beauty, the sheer power of 'blade runner' and I'm the first in the queue to see what happened next or whatever! Ridley Scott is simply one of the best, period,. He loves and is still passionate about his work so, despite the flaws, ALL of his films have something that raises them up above the rest. For the record, I LOVED, the voice over! It added a much needed sense of 'pulp fiction' to the proceedings. That is all, back to your Xbox lads...

Jonny24 -> That haircut... (10/10/2013 7:58:12 AM)

...man, of all the many many brilliant things about BladeRunner I just gotta give Ford's haircut a mention: gumshoe plain, but for some reason even cooler for that. Like everything in the movie, it looks classic but at the same time totally out of time.

Ridley and Ford retired over a decade ago, so fuck any sequel. There's nowhere anyone can or should go with it anyway.

elab49 -> RE: Stop the nonsense (10/10/2013 9:46:20 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: tobywan

Seriously, most here need to get a girlfriend or something . You ALL want to see this, don't pretend otherwise, just like me, you stared in wrapped awe at the beauty, the sheer power of 'blade runner' and I'm the first in the queue to see what happened next or whatever! Ridley Scott is simply one of the best, period,. He loves and is still passionate about his work so, despite the flaws, ALL of his films have something that raises them up above the rest. For the record, I LOVED, the voice over! It added a much needed sense of 'pulp fiction' to the proceedings. That is all, back to your Xbox lads...

Because the basic assumption is all Blade Runners fans are male? .....

So you'll have read the KW Jeter books then? [:)]

AxlReznor -> RE: Stop the nonsense (10/10/2013 9:55:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

You don't have to be male to have a girlfriend, bigot! [:D]

Personally, I'd be interested in seeing this if it ever actually gets made (I foresee it being one of those films that's perpetually stuck in development hell), but I can understand why most would approach it with trepidation and feel it's unnecessary to make another one at all.

elab49 -> RE: Stop the nonsense (10/10/2013 9:59:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: AxlReznor

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

quote:

You don't have to be male to have a girlfriend, bigot! [:D]

Personally, I'd be interested in seeing this if it ever actually gets made (I foresee it being one of those films that's perpetually stuck in development hell), but I can understand why most would approach it with trepidation and feel it's unnecessary to make another one at all.

'course, I read the whole post [:-]

AxlReznor -> RE: Stop the nonsense (10/10/2013 11:31:35 AM)

You... don't have to be male to be referred to as a lad?

Okay, you win. [;)]

MonsterCat -> RE: Stop the nonsense (10/10/2013 11:56:41 AM)

Let's look at it this way: maybe Tobywan was addressing men because only men would get so worked up over something as stupid as a Blade Runner sequel.

elab49 -> RE: Stop the nonsense (10/10/2013 12:17:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: MonsterCat

Let's look at it this way: maybe Tobywan was addressing men because only men would get so worked up over something as stupid as a Blade Runner sequel.

Nice save [:D]

Wicket55 -> RE: Stop the nonsense (10/10/2013 2:03:47 PM)

Yeah, 'cos Prometheus was really good right? Everybody wanted to see that as well, and that was a pile of shite mate! Incidentally, my girlfriend thought it was shite too! As for liking the V.O. in the original Blade Runner, that's quite possibly the worst aspect of the original release! [:@]

SonOfSamcro -> Make a Moses Film Instead (14/10/2013 2:28:18 PM)

After Prometheus I hope that this bomb scare never gets made. As a director he has been mostly dodgy as of late and a Blade Runner sequel seems way above the weight that he punches at nowadays. Instead he should concentrate on 'Gladiator 2: Not Yet'

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI