Gravity (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Future Films

Empire Admin -> Gravity (8/10/2013 10:30:50 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Ben Holland -> No review yet? (8/10/2013 10:30:50 AM)

I am surprised by how Empire (which I have bought since issue
2 with batman on the cover) hasn't reviewed this yet even though it has been out for days in Europe. Does anyone know why Empire is not reviewing some latest releases until AFTER they come out?

ElephantBoy -> RE: No review yet? (8/10/2013 5:27:56 PM)

This is on my to see list. Think Curan has a great way with characters and is good at bringing fantastical worlds to life and Bullock and Clooney together sound like a dream pairing.

FoximusPrime -> RE: No review yet? (9/10/2013 9:30:28 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ben Holland

I am surprised by how Empire (which I have bought since issue
2 with batman on the cover) hasn't reviewed this yet even though it has been out for days in Europe. Does anyone know why Empire is not reviewing some latest releases until AFTER they come out?

But the review is in the current issue of the magazine (out on 26th September), so is / was available over a month before the UK release date (8th November). Can't really whinge about that given it's a UK magazine.

Ben Holland -> actually the review is here, just not front page. (10/10/2013 2:11:17 AM)

UK Cinema release October 18th 2013, not 8th Nov.

super hero fan -> RE: actually the review is here, just not front page. (15/10/2013 7:01:56 PM)

I saw it I highly recommend it in 3d.

elab49 -> RE: actually the review is here, just not front page. (15/10/2013 7:43:05 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ben Holland

UK Cinema release October 18th 2013, not 8th Nov.

No, it's 8th Nov. Are you confusing it with the London Film Festival transmissions?

Whistler -> RE: actually the review is here, just not front page. (16/10/2013 11:36:23 AM)

How I wish I could have seen this before all the hype began. I've been trying so hard to keep my expectations in check, but with every American on my twitter feed saying "It's just as breathtaking as you've heard", I can't help but be super excited.

I got a free IMAX ticket when the cinema closed during a Jurassic Park screening a couple of weeks ago. It's definitely being cashed in with Gravity.

TheGodfather -> (29/10/2013 10:19:01 PM)

So finally saw it last night:

Gravity
With just two actors in an empty universe Alfonso Cuarón creates one of the most intense cinema experiences of the past few years. The 3D technique that is used really gives you the feeling you`re making a space walk. Most of us probably won`t come any closer to a trip in space than this. The effects are amazing, it all looks so real.
Gripping because of the way especially the first half of the film is shot and the sound editing and -design, you`re watching with sweaty hands. The acting from Bullock, who brings that desperate feeling across so perfectly, adds to that.
It`s too bad that the level of the first hour isn`t kept up all the way through to the end. The last half hour the story tumbles too far to be able to come to a satisfying end. It`s too much and completely over the top. A real sad thing that a film that for the biggest part is so brilliant ends in the way that it does.

9,0/10

ElephantBoy -> RE: (6/11/2013 11:17:29 AM)

Think I will be seeing this, either this week or next, along with Cloudy possibley?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI