The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug Trailer Breakdown (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug Trailer Breakdown (1/10/2013 11:35:37 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Gazme -> Why Helen why? (1/10/2013 11:35:37 PM)

Having to click through 13 pages of spoilers before getting to see the trailer...its just cruel ms so called o'hara :)

HulkySmashSmash -> @PACEBROWS (2/10/2013 12:33:41 AM)

Wonder how long it will take for Thranduil's eyebrows to get a Twitter page.

Helen OHara -> RE: Why Helen why? (2/10/2013 7:32:55 AM)

Gazme, or you could watch the trailer direct in our news story...

TrinaLovesInfo -> Cumberbatch Voice (2/10/2013 10:35:09 AM)

I wouldn't assume that it wasn't just him and the microphone. When he voiced the Angel Islington, which was equally unusual (though different), director Dirk Maggs said it was done without enhancement. (I believe it was Mr. Maggs who said that)

Klamath -> I'll be the geek and say it (2/10/2013 11:53:08 PM)

Sauron was defeated by Isildur etc 3000 years before the events of FOTR, so he is still very much incorporeal during The Hobbit

bleugh07 -> My fundamental problem (3/10/2013 12:39:08 AM)

with these films is that whereas with LOTR Jackson was reducing a bloated book down to a workable story and (dare I say it) improving on the source material, the opposite's happening with the Hobbit. The book has enough plot for one film but it's being stretched and mutated into three, so regardless of how good a job everyone involved puts in it just can't be as good. But honestly I don't mind, no one else makes films like this and it's just indescribably wonderful to visit Middle-Earth again

Hugh_Fran -> Can't wait! (3/10/2013 2:18:36 AM)

Roll on December says I! I couldn't give a hoots that the book has been stretched out over three movies, it just means more Middle Earth to enjoy!

Hugh_Fran -> Quick Correction (3/10/2013 2:27:19 AM)

On page 9 you said that Gandalf investigated Dol Guldur in the first movie when in fact it was Radagast. In the book however, it WAS Gandalf

HighwayJoe -> Ring Vision (8/10/2013 1:40:17 PM)

I don't think Bilbo's wearing the Ring in that opening shot at Erebor. If he is, where are the ghostly/misty distortions that usually go along with it? My thoughts are that Bilbo's simply walking around at that point (perhaps even with the dwarves, as Thorin is later shown to also be inside Erebor with him), and hasn't stumbled upon Smaug yet.

ForeignCorrespondent -> Thorin: addressing Thranduil or Bard? (10/10/2013 2:07:00 PM)

On page 3 Thorin says "...we have come to reclaim our homeland" and he clearly isn't in Thranduil's palace who can't be replying as you say in the article...check out the 'snow' and the guards behind Thorin as they are identical to those in the scene on page 7 where Bard is speaking. This would suggest the conversation takes place in Laketown.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI