Wild Speculation, Based On Fact, About Harry Potter Spin-Off Fantastic Beasts (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Wild Speculation, Based On Fact, About Harry Potter Spin-Off Fantastic Beasts (16/9/2013 12:56:19 PM)

Post your comments on this article

BelfastBoy -> (16/9/2013 12:56:19 PM)

Exciting as this project is, the cynic in me is really thinking that Warner Bros are finally going to get their dream of a (sort of) Potterverse film that'll be set in America and with (probably) a high proportion of US actors in the cast. With the endlessly parochial attitude of US film execs, the fact that the existing, UK-cast and -centric Potter films made many billions at the box office probably didn't fizz on them at all!

bleugh07 -> Expand, don't dilute (16/9/2013 3:27:39 PM)

If we're trying to get a Potterverse up and running, which mightn't necessarily be a bad thing, there's a serious danger that the crucial British flavour of HP might be lost.

Two places where Beasts might fall down could be making the world a bit too American, or over-referencing exisitng characters and stories. With Rowling writing I think we can expect something rather brilliant, which is reassuring, but the final scene of Deathly Hallows proves that even the best writers can end up writing hideous fan-fic.

Matt Smith would be fantastic, but he'd more or less be playing the Doctor again so I doubt he'd do it.

Any other ideas for projects in the Potterverse? I'd be interested to see a TV show about Aurors working for the Ministry, in the vein of Agents of Shield

Madhava -> Casting (17/9/2013 2:02:50 PM)

So Scamander should be English and in his early-to-mid-20s? Daniel Radcliffe! Hahahaha

sipi -> (17/9/2013 6:49:36 PM)

making a wizard film about a character the same age as most the audience that were the same age as Harry Potter when the original books came out? clever.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI