Remake Or Original: The Ultimate Movie Poster Face-Off (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> Remake Or Original: The Ultimate Movie Poster Face-Off (9/9/2013 11:59:41 PM)

Post your comments on this article

SamFrisco -> Double Exclamation... (11/9/2013 9:00:26 PM)

" Note that Frank Sinatra is such a big deal his name gets two exclamation marks at the end of it"
- Looks like a silhouette of Jedward.
Much prefer the original poster AND the film.
Caeser Romero's in it!! (double exclamation).

JaneTaylor32 -> (12/9/2013 2:05:43 AM)

I'm making over $7k a month working part time. I kept hearing other people tell me how much money they can make online so I decided to look into it. Well, it was all true and has totally changed my life. This is what I do....

WWW.CNN13.COM

Loosecrew -> Ben Hur (12/9/2013 9:32:37 PM)

I like the 1925 Ben Hur poster. The 1959 one is very....normal.

The Waco Kid -> (16/9/2013 11:29:27 AM)

With regards The War of the Worlds did you forget all about the Pendragon pictures version? yes it was bloody awful but it deserves a mention at least.
Also Shop around the corner had a remake before You've Got Mail and was called In the Good Old Summertime with Judy Garland and Van Johnson (1949) admittedly a musicla but yet deserves a mention.

NeoBrowser -> (18/9/2013 5:43:13 AM)

I don't understand how most people are voting for the old posters!
This isn't voting on the quality of the films, JUST THE POSTERS! And 99% of cases the new one is SO much better!

His Dudeness -> Mr Deeds Remake Poster!?!?! (18/9/2013 3:55:28 PM)

Who the hell is that man standing behind Adam Sandler on the Mr Deeds poster. As I'm sure it was the great John Tuturro who played the butler and also stole the whole film!!

scooter91170 -> RE: (20/9/2013 5:55:43 AM)

I voted for a mix. Personally I didn't just put it down to how "pretty" a modern poster looked, but whether it would make me interested in seeing it.

I'll agree that some of the modern ones I voted against looked better than the original, but as I had no idea what the movie was about or who was in it, without trying to read small print (which wasn't always there), to me it defeated the point of the Movie Poster. It just looked an exercise in Graphic Design.

And if the remade poster was just a 21st Century prettied up version of the original, then a lot of the time I voted for the original for the fact that they had the idea first. Bad enough remaking a movie that doesn't need it (Robocop, looking at you) but to blatantly copy the original poster design lacks thought.

(and don't get me started on the Psycho/Human Centipede remade poster!)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI