Hayao Miyazaki Announces His Retirement (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Hayao Miyazaki Announces His Retirement (1/9/2013 7:06:26 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Darth Marenghi -> This day had to come... (1/9/2013 7:06:26 PM)

... but it's still a little sad. Miyazaki leaves us with some truly wonderful films and hopefully Studio Ghibli will carry on trying to meet his impeccable standards of filmmaking.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: This day had to come... (1/9/2013 7:58:45 PM)

Strange as I'm just about to re-watch Howl's Moving Castle.

A true great in the film making field.[sm=worship.gif]

rich -> RE: Hayao Miyazaki Announces His Retirement (1/9/2013 10:36:45 PM)

What again? Didn't he already do this once? I had a vague memory that Earthsea being such rubbish changed his mind before, strange he isn't announcing it himself.

Darth Marenghi -> RE: Hayao Miyazaki Announces His Retirement (1/9/2013 11:23:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

What again? Didn't he already do this once? I had a vague memory that Earthsea being such rubbish changed his mind before, strange he isn't announcing it himself.

He has attempted to retire before, but this is the final salute. And he was apparently positive about Earthsea - you may be confusing it with Howl's Moving Castle, where he wasn't happy with the original director's approach and took over the project.

Ultimo Lee -> RE: Hayao Miyazaki Announces His Retirement (1/9/2013 11:34:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Darth Marenghi

quote:

ORIGINAL: rich

He has attempted to retire before, but this is the final salute. And he was apparently positive about Earthsea - you may be confusing it with Howl's Moving Castle, where he wasn't happy with the original director's approach and took over the project.

No, he fell out with his son over Earthsea

AxlReznor -> RE: Hayao Miyazaki Announces His Retirement (1/9/2013 11:35:34 PM)

This is sad news, but it was inevitable really. I'd just watched Castle In The Sky on Filmfour earlier today.

scarface666brooksy!! -> RE: Hayao Miyazaki Announces His Retirement (2/9/2013 2:09:28 AM)

[&o]

I knew this news was coming.. still didn't prepare myself for it though.

wincryw -> RE: Hayao Miyazaki Announces His Retirement (3/9/2013 9:02:14 AM)

This is really a sad news
I like Hayao Miyazaki's movies, especially Spirited Away , My Neighbor Totoro

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI