James Spader Is Avengers' Ultron! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> James Spader Is Avengers' Ultron! (29/8/2013 4:54:09 PM)

Post your comments on this article

elab49 -> RE: (30/8/2013 11:49:36 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: clarkkent

Weird. Was kinda hoping those Jarvis rumours were true, but in Marvel/Whedon i trust. Still think Vin Diesel would have been a good shout.
Also, how is it the internet broke when Affleck was announced as Batman, but this FAR more controversial casting gets barely a raised eyebrow? Oh, that's right, DC fanboys are pathetic and people still hate Ben Affleck just for being Ben Affleck.

Why is it controversial? Is Ultron a voice? Spader has a great voice.

Artoo -> RE: (30/8/2013 2:28:54 PM)

I think Spader's voice is perfect for this but I don't like him as an actor - never have. Same as someone else mentioned, I see his face and just think of a slimey pervert! It's his work with David Cronenberg that's done it I reckon.....

Luckily he's not as tall, dark and handsome as a certain other recent Superhero casting, nor was he ever referred to as an amalgamation of him and a certain celebrity partner he used to bang - so this fit's the criteria to be "a good bit of casting" indeed! [;)]

elab49 -> RE: RE: (30/8/2013 4:18:18 PM)

Are we still doing straw men?[:)]

Cause I'd go back to - also, Spader is a pretty decent and often very good actor.

Artoo -> RE: RE: (30/8/2013 4:59:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Cause I'd go back to - also, Spader is a pretty decent and often very good actor.

Am I really that transparent? [;)]

Spader's not bad, but very samey in everything I've ever seen him in. Slow, contemplative, nerdy, pervy and most importnatly - unlikeable!

And Affleck is a pretty good actor too. Look at Boiler Room, Changing Lanes, Hollywoodland, The Town and Argo - all decent performances no? Be unbiased..... [;)]

elab49 -> RE: RE: (30/8/2013 6:21:09 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Am I really that transparent? [;)]

Spader's not bad, but very samey in everything I've ever seen him in. Slow, contemplative, nerdy, pervy and most importnatly - unlikeable!

And Affleck is a pretty good actor too. Look at Boiler Room, Changing Lanes, Hollywoodland, The Town and Argo - all decent performances no? Be unbiased..... [;)]

I don't think Affleck is.

I think Spader might have a wider range than you've maybe seen? Only 'pervy' in that list relates to Boston Legal - they spoke faster than West Wing [:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.222656E-02