Roberto Orci And Alex Kurtzman Set To Write Star Trek 3 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Roberto Orci And Alex Kurtzman Set To Write Star Trek 3 (6/8/2013 7:56:25 AM)

Post your comments on this article

herbertwest1701 -> (6/8/2013 7:56:25 AM)

As only a modest hit (at least in the US) it felt like a new Trek film was in danger of falling into a development black hole, so this is great news. As to Orci and Kurtzman returning I also think this is very good news - they've taken a lot of flak, but I believe they have genuinely great respect for canon (even to the extent of poring over Star Trek novel) without being a slave to it - they know when to take risky liberties. They may not always pay off (Kirk's engine room trip) but like the man himself would say, 'risk is our business'...

El-Branden Brazil -> Really? (6/8/2013 8:04:23 AM)

That's a shame! Well, third time lucky lads, in getting a story that is not generic.
TIP 1: Try to avoid the trap of cliched villains flying around in big, black ships.
TIP 2: Strange, new worlds. Exploration please. No more Earth!
TIP 3: More McCoy.
TIP 4: Less bangs and more smarts.
TIP 5: No more space dives... Geez, three movies in a row.
TIP 6: Tighten the story, so that there are no mighty gaping plot holes. Old Spock in a cave, in the right location to save Kirk. REALLY?
TIP 7: Rather than paint-by-numbers, please paint-by-imagination. The pallet is full of infinite possibilities.
TIP 8: Oh, okay then. I will write the story for you.

El-Branden Brazil -> Really? (6/8/2013 8:08:50 AM)

That's a shame! Well, third time lucky lads, in getting a story that is not generic.
TIP 1: Try to avoid the trap of cliched villains flying around in big, black ships.
TIP 2: Strange, new worlds. Exploration please. No more Earth!
TIP 3: More McCoy.
TIP 4: Less bangs and more smarts.
TIP 5: No more space dives... Geez, three movies in a row.
TIP 6: Tighten the story, so that there are no mighty gaping plot holes. Old Spock in a cave, in the right location to save Kirk. REALLY?
TIP 7: Rather than paint-by-numbers, please paint-by-imagination. The pallet is full of infinite possibilities.
TIP 8: Oh, okay then. I will write the story for you.

darthmhall101 -> Something original Captain? (6/8/2013 10:28:37 AM)

Lets hope the writers can come up with a refreshing new story this time instead of just a remake. Oh yeah and get rid of Simon Pegg!!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI