Peter Capaldi Is The New Doctor! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Peter Capaldi Is The New Doctor! (4/8/2013 8:00:18 PM)

Post your comments on this article

andrewgc -> From W.H.O. Doctor to Doctor Who (4/8/2013 8:00:18 PM)

Am I the only one noticing his IMDB listing states he played a W.H.O Doctor in World War Z?

Useful Pseudonym -> @andrewgc (4/8/2013 9:16:18 PM)

He plays a doctor at the World Health Organisation

Odgers -> At last (5/8/2013 12:17:49 AM)

Thank god they have eventually cast some one older than the previous Grange Hill reject.
Don"t get me wrong I love Dr Who and Matt Smith was not bad but he is playing someone who is nearly a thousand years old.
At least get someone who is looking a little bit universe weary.
Good Luck Peter.

Oroborous -> (5/8/2013 10:15:23 AM)

I think he's a really good choice, I'm just a bit dissapointed that it wasn't a surprise because of all the 'bookies' favorite' stuff beforehand. How did they even know anyway?

spideed2 -> RE: At last (5/8/2013 2:03:02 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Odgers

Thank god they have eventually cast some one older than the previous Grange Hill reject.
Don"t get me wrong I love Dr Who and Matt Smith was not bad but he is playing someone who is nearly a thousand years old.
At least get someone who is looking a little bit universe weary.
Good Luck Peter.

Matt Smiths mercurial nature was really well represented actually. He was much better at veering between grumpy old man to excited schoolboy than Tennant. (and I like Tennant a fair bit)

Capaldi is great casting though.

INKYPHIL -> Old Time Who (5/8/2013 6:30:34 PM)

Time now, I think, for some proper back to basics, slower paced, sci-fi scripts that reflect the tone of Quatermass. Maybe even back to the old cliffhanger endings?

Litshttam -> Sound Logic. But Wrong. (5/8/2013 6:47:01 PM)

I figured it would be maths-whizz Johnny Ball; his daughter Zoe hosted the reveal-show. Capaldi's a good choice - a young-faced Doctor never quite works for me. Now, Beeb, hire Ian McDiarmid to play The Master...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI