James Cameron Confirms Avatar 4 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> James Cameron Confirms Avatar 4 (2/8/2013 2:05:18 AM)

Post your comments on this article

NCC1701A -> RE: Really (2/8/2013 9:46:24 AM)

And now James Cameron is the new George Lucas. Avatar was all about the visuals nothing else. Sadly the James Cameron who made Aliens, The Abyss and True Lies is gone. He is happy to just keep making the same film all over again.

pete_traynor -> RE: AvaLaugh (2/8/2013 3:19:34 PM)

4? [&:] How many people even still talk about the first…

Technically amazing! Staggering in places. But the characters and story just weren’t strong enough to sustain long term interest. Could have been a Star Wars for a new generation but I just don’t see it resonating with people on that level.

But who knows… could turn out to be the Citizen Kane of sci fi… but I doubt that… [;)]

DaveTheStampede -> RE: AvaLaugh (2/8/2013 5:05:51 PM)

So... I assume at some point in this incoming trilogy there will be a part where, having been pushed to the point of utter desperation for this mineral that requires a ten year round trip to get, the human military turn up and carpet bomb Pandora to ash? Hope whats-her-name was worth it, bucko, because you letting your desire for freaky blue alien sex has like as not condemned either the Na'Vi or humanity to extinction. Of course, the day will probably be saved when the Na'Vi are led to salvation by the white man.

'Avatar' had the depth of a particularly shallow puddle, and nothing going for it save for $300million worth of CGI.

Gah, I despise 'Avatar' so much I actually shock myself sometimes at how much I loathe that film with every fibre of my being.

Err... Yeah...

Really hoping 'Avatar 2' bombs epically at the box office. It probably won't, of course, and Empire will no doubt give it a glowing, 5-star review pointing out how the 48fps 3D makes it a transcendent experience, glossing over any issues with the 'acting' or 'plot' because it looks really pretty.

UTB -> RE: AvaLaugh (2/8/2013 11:58:11 PM)

I'm sorry, did someone say "story'? Where?

Wild about Wilder -> RE: AvaLaugh (3/8/2013 9:34:08 AM)

Cameron 3 films in 3 years?[sm=33.gif] I'll beleave it when I see it! [sm=23.gif]

sanchia -> RE: AvaLaugh (3/8/2013 9:34:43 AM)

I wonder what happens if Avatar 2 bombs massively at the cinema (unlikely I know as people appear to like spangly wrapping paper). I've just seen DaveTheStampede said almost the same thing.

doubtlesswonder -> RE: AvaLaugh (5/8/2013 5:32:31 PM)

He's sort of making his whole "This was always planned as a trilogy" argument look a bit iffy, isn't he?

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
9.570313E-02