Pacific Rim May Spawn A Sequel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Pacific Rim May Spawn A Sequel (1/8/2013 8:03:37 AM)

Post your comments on this article

BelfastBoy -> RE: That film was made for Asia. (1/8/2013 12:30:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nicky C

Glad it's been a success overseas. It was always going to do better on that side of the world because of the heritage of the subject matter. I think it would be really positive if studios stopped putting U.S. audiences first all the time and aimed for some of those global dollars, which is potentially much more lucrative anyway.

Tell that to the producers of The Golden Compass. (Btw I know it's a terrible film, I'm just using it to make a point!) It's worldwide box office was far greater than where Pacific Rim currently stands, but since not enough of the numbers came from the US, no sequel was made even though the international takings were very impressive.

BelfastBoy -> RE: Hmmm... (1/8/2013 3:07:18 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: spideed2

PR had 2-3 stars running through it. How to make PR2 better:
a) cast people who can do accents (the Aussies and Hunnam sounded terrible, like soap opera bad)
b) use a script that doesn't sound like it was written by a toddler
c) avoid 'detonating nuke' ending that every other blockbuster now seems to use.
d) ditch screeching, annoying voiced, unfunny comic relief scientist Charlie Day. He was so annoying that the film was borderline unwatchable during his scenes
e) resurrect Ron Pearlman using the dark arts

In take it you didn't see the scene during the credits then?

Gouken -> RE: (5/8/2013 1:33:31 PM)

The Russian Jaeger driver woman also speaks... Although it's in Russian, probably something along the lines of: "What the fu-glub, glub glub..."

quote:

ORIGINAL: BethN21286

Hows about more than one woman who speaks, is that so much to ask for?

doubtlesswonder -> RE: That film was made for Asia. (5/8/2013 5:29:33 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BelfastBoy

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nicky C

Glad it's been a success overseas. It was always going to do better on that side of the world because of the heritage of the subject matter. I think it would be really positive if studios stopped putting U.S. audiences first all the time and aimed for some of those global dollars, which is potentially much more lucrative anyway.

Tell that to the producers of The Golden Compass. (Btw I know it's a terrible film, I'm just using it to make a point!) It's worldwide box office was far greater than where Pacific Rim currently stands, but since not enough of the numbers came from the US, no sequel was made even though the international takings were very impressive.

Also, it got slated both for it being offensive to Christianity, and for it being nothing like the book (which is arguably even more offensive to Christianity).

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI