Exclusive: Marvel Chief Kevin Feige Talks Avengers: Age Of Ultron (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Exclusive: Marvel Chief Kevin Feige Talks Avengers: Age Of Ultron (24/7/2013 2:52:26 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Lord Fury -> (24/7/2013 2:52:26 PM)

Enough of Loki!

Gazzabrook -> (24/7/2013 4:44:25 PM)

I agree Loki is a great character in the movies, but there is so much more to marvel than Loki, if you want to keep him, keep him to Thor and not the Avengers

shrouded_enigma -> (24/7/2013 5:11:47 PM)

When I listened to your podcast with Whedon I felt his words had been misintepreted. Sounded as though he was saying that Loki is not there to say terrible things, suggesting he was there for the purpose of being a character in his own right as opposed to a gimmick. Empire interpreted it as 'Loki is not there in the movie', and it seems this interview with Feige supports my interpretation of Whedon's comment. Guess we'll find out in 2015!

Bluehawk -> Why Loki? (24/7/2013 6:49:04 PM)

I don't really get why a lot of people seem to like Loki so much. He was a good enemy in Thor, with the whole adopted brother arc. But I didn't see the need for him in Avengers at all. Why the heck was he telling a bunch of Germans he wanted to rule them? He was mainly used as glueing material to make the hero's look great (anti-opression Cap, smashable for Hulk), but he didnt really have a good story himself. Now he's in Thor again, betraying stuff again...I dont see the fun.

RiverShadow -> (24/7/2013 7:07:39 PM)

Loki is an excellent character for Marvel to continue to develop. He has the potential for incredible depth, the character appeals to a much wider fanbase than a lot of the other villians in the Marvel universe. What a nice change from the low brow, hulk type bad guys that the prepubescent fanboys like so much. Hiddleston has done one hell of a job making Loki multi-dimensional.....something you won't ever get with the mindless thugfest that appeals to the guys who are on here whining about Loki...lol

C K Dexter Haven -> (25/7/2013 6:07:24 AM)

Loki's arc should end in the next Thor movie.
The Avengers need to move on to bigger, badder and more dangerous foes.
Just saying...

Nicky C -> Loki's eternally relevant because he's a trickster ... (25/7/2013 9:13:24 AM)

... he's a born manipulator and comfortable placing his loyalties wherever they serve him best. Personally, I'd like to see him in both Thor and Avengers for the foreseeable future. I'd love to see him have to reluctantly join the Avengers and be on the good guys' side, but not like it much. It would be worth it for the banter alone.

treize05 -> Loki brings the Avengers together in the comics & movie (25/7/2013 11:04:14 PM)

Loki is always and forever one of the most interesting characters in the Marvel Universe because he is always changing and developing. He is the master manipulator, a warrior, a magic user, a woman, a parent, an innocent boy, a repentant savior, a murderer, a lover of bacon, etc- He is Loki whom you can never trust and never know what you will get...
I love him and hate him. Loki is a fantastic foil for any protagonist or an antagonist, he's a wonderful asset to Marvel. And recently he just made the Young Avengers relevant again in their new reboot, like the original Avengers he brought the team together but this time he's part of the time as an adolescent and power down Loki.
Loki in the MCU has so much potential and fun, I hope Whedon et al can do a good job...

And to the guy doubting Loki's relevance in the Avengers, it always had to be Loki in the first movie- because he brought the Avengers together to fight a common enemy in the comics and so he did it again for the Avengers movie.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI