12 Years A Slave Trailer Online (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> 12 Years A Slave Trailer Online (16/7/2013 9:42:08 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Nicky C -> Can't wait ... (16/7/2013 9:42:08 AM)

... in my opinion Steve McQueen is one of the very few British filmmakers worth talking about.

Dude McNude -> RE: Can't wait ... (16/7/2013 10:41:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nicky C

... in my opinion Steve McQueen is one of the very few British filmmakers worth talking about.

Agreed. I am very eager to see this latest offering from McQueen, as I am a huge admirer of his previous work. He is one of the very few film makers we have that is interested in pure cinema, with a stronger instinct for what makes an arresting image, not surprising, given his installation and video art background.

From the trailer, it would seem to be less abstract and stylistic than "Hunger" or "Shame", which both stood out for the composition of the frame, the lighting and the stillness. There are no images that really stand out here, except maybe for the overhead shot of the wagon trailer carrying the slaves.

However, knowing McQueen, he has never been an artist to dance to the beat of anyone elses's drum, and, while the prescence of Pitt suggests a leaning towards a more commercial sensibility, I can only imagine that McQueen knows exactly what he's doing.

This looks very promising.

guysalisbury -> Looks brilliant! (16/7/2013 10:45:36 AM)

If its even half as good as Shame it will be amazing! Cant wait!

Whistler -> (16/7/2013 10:51:39 AM)

This looks brilliant.

chris wootton -> Completely agree with the Mcqueen comment (16/7/2013 11:55:05 AM)

All of his stuff has been excellent and this looks fantastic.

adam250579 -> trailer? (16/7/2013 8:02:41 PM)

wheres the trailer? its just a poster lol

Emyr Thy King -> RE: trailer? (17/7/2013 1:21:27 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: adam250579

wheres the trailer? its just a poster lol

They linked it in the article... derp ...

Twelve Years A Slave (click)

BenTramer -> (17/7/2013 3:07:43 AM)

Another film sticking it to Evil Whitey. The slave trade is not as straightforward as is portrayed. When you dig a little deeper, you find out the truth.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI