Another Day Of The Dead Remake, Bub? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Another Day Of The Dead Remake, Bub? (11/7/2013 12:14:11 AM)

Post your comments on this article

BenTramer -> Day Of The Dead: Resurrection (11/7/2013 12:14:12 AM)

I've always found Romero's Day Of The Dead to be unbearably depressing to watch with sickening post-mortem level gore. If they could tone that down and ratchet up the characterisation and suspense more, they could have something. Humour would be good too. The zombies have to sprint though, stiff-assed snail-like undead can't cut it anymore.

Soze666 -> Heresy (11/7/2013 1:09:49 AM)

Couldn't disagree with you more Ben, I hate this new trend of having the undead race about like Olympic gold medal winners. Zombies should shuffle about like...reanimated dead people.

Day of the Dead is an absolute all time favourite of mine, I must have watched it a dozen times or more. There's simply no need for a remake...if anything why not try and film Romero's original script rather than remake the movie he's already made?

apocalypso -> RE: Heresy (11/7/2013 10:43:09 AM)

Watched it again only yesterday on Netflix, curtains drawn to block out all that awful beautiful summer sunshine... Absolutely brilliant, my favourite Romero by some distance. No point whatsoever in remaking it, but how many films have we (correctly) said that about now?

Whistler -> RE: Day Of The Dead: Resurrection (11/7/2013 10:51:13 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

I've always found Romero's Day Of The Dead to be unbearably depressing to watch with sickening post-mortem level gore. If they could tone that down and ratchet up the characterisation and suspense more, they could have something. Humour would be good too. The zombies have to sprint though, stiff-assed snail-like undead can't cut it anymore.

Couldn't disagree with all of this more.

Scott_ -> RE: Day Of The Dead: Resurrection (11/7/2013 1:03:12 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Whistler

quote:

ORIGINAL: BenTramer

Couldn't disagree with all of this more.

This. Day of the Dead is great, haven't various idiots already remade it twice? Both were terrible.

A remake could be good, Dawn of the Dead 2004 is awesome so there is hope but I won't be holding my breath for it.

BenTramer -> Not Heresy, My Opinion (11/7/2013 6:25:56 PM)

Dawn of the Dead was a superb remake and better than Romero's original in my book. No reason they couldn't improve on Day Of The Dead too. No point messaging that you like Romero's Day. Every movie has fans and those that don't like it. To each their own.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI