New Oldboy Poster Emerges (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Oldboy Poster Emerges (9/7/2013 7:17:26 AM)

Post your comments on this article

alsybroth -> Looks like a poster for some quirky indie comedy (9/7/2013 9:28:53 AM)

Certainly not about a man taking sweet hammer-wielding revenge on captors, dentures and octopuses.
They need to back to the marketing board for this one.

OPEN YOUR EYES -> RE: Looks like a poster for some quirky indie comedy (9/7/2013 9:44:38 AM)

I hope for Spike Lee's case that he tries to throw his own originality into this film because copying Park Chan-wook effort,frame-by-frame or act-by-act,would just seem to be a totally pointless exercise.

Maybe Spike might delve back into the roots of the Manga in which Wook's Oldboy was loosely based on,who knows.

Desbris -> Desbris (9/7/2013 2:00:06 PM)

Spike Lee haha, what a terrible director. I am sure it will b e pretty bad.

Osric -> RE: Desbris (10/7/2013 1:30:38 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Desbris

Spike Lee haha, what a terrible director. I am sure it will b e pretty bad.

Er, Do the Right Thing, Mo Better Blues, Jungle Fever, Malcolm X, Crooklyn, Clockers, He Got Game... Yeah, what a terrible director. *rolls eyes*

leetee80 -> Case (10/7/2013 1:16:34 PM)

I hope to god they dont tarnish the Park Chan Wook movie - One of my all time best movies

frodo95 -> RE: Case (26/7/2013 12:08:15 PM)

the new spike lee oldboy poster and trailer follows the same track that the chan wook park original takes but looks terrible the Hollywood style of movies cannot compete with the fine artistic elements of Korean cinema and me being a keen Korean cinema lover wonders why spike lee choose old boy as its part of chan wook park's vengeance trilogy and wouldn't it make more sense to start with "sympathy for mr vengeance" before jumping to the second film in the series. I think the new film will divide audience along a film line of those that have loved and watched the original and those that have just seen the remake its like what happened to Scorsese's departed film. I hope this films weird plot is translated well and that the outcome is the same ill also like to see a bit of spoiler tongue cutting

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI