Neil Marshall Plays Another Game Of Thrones (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Neil Marshall Plays Another Game Of Thrones (5/7/2013 2:10:59 PM)

Post your comments on this article

angelgr89 -> Why the Finale? (5/7/2013 2:10:59 PM)

I find it odd that they will shoot the battle at the wall as the season 4 finale. That episode is usually reserved to wrap up several storylines. Even the battle of blackwater occurred in episode 9 and not episode 10. If they film this battle like they filmed blackwater, the whole episode will be devoted to the battle with no time to provide closure on the other story arcs. I'm glad Neil Marshall is back but hope "the finale" portion was a misinterpretation from Empire or Empire's source.

Fit Kisto -> RE: Why the Finale? (5/7/2013 10:26:14 PM)

Yeah I can't see how that will work as episode 10 at all, there's too much wrap up material from ASOS to cover (much of it not set at the Wall). I'm guessing Marshall's episode will actually be 8 or 9.

Phetikus -> RE: Why the Finale? (6/7/2013 2:07:03 AM)

Going by season tradition it'll probably be E9 as something major always happens then (Ned's beheading, Blackwater, the Red Wedding).

Werthead -> Report not accurate (6/7/2013 3:35:12 PM)

It's been confirmed that Empire's report is not quite accurate:

http://winteriscoming.net/2013/07/neil-marshall-returns-to-direct-s4-finale/

The specific areas where it is incorrect have not been stated, but I'd wager it's the timing: the finale is way too late in the season for this storyline, which should be a lot earlier.

Osric -> RE: Report not accurate (7/7/2013 5:36:18 PM)

I think it's just the wording that's confusing the issue. Rather than "finale" it should probably be "climax" or "apex" or "crux" or something. This is clearly the moment the series builds to, but as others have said it's probably just episode 9 rather than 10. So not EXACTLY "finale", but more or less.

Funkasaurusni -> Pedants (8/7/2013 8:21:21 AM)

I might be episode 9, it might be episode 10, either way the report is accurate and I'm sure we're all glad to see Marshall back.

ericcoyle -> Great but a little over rated (8/7/2013 9:11:27 AM)

Episode nine of season two was great, if a little over rated in my opinion. The real scorcher of season 2 was episode 10, which pretty much blew everything else out of the water for me. Incredible.
Unfortunately the Blackwater episode did show it's budget limitations and the battle did not seem to go on anywhere near long enough (it felt like it took place in "real time", about 30 mins. as opposed to a whole night for example). Wasn't Tyrion great though.

bb -> What the hell has happened to Neil Marshall? (9/7/2013 7:14:58 PM)

I mean, in 2005, he directed one of the best horror films of the decade, THE DESCENT, and it launched him into the spotlight. But the next two films he directed, DOOMSDAY (2008) and THE CENTURION (2010) were critical and commercial failures, and the only thing he's done ever since is television work. Is he ever going to direct another film? Or has he become too stung by the dismal failures of his last two films?

Baymoed52 -> RE: What the hell has happened to Neil Marshall? (19/7/2013 10:27:29 AM)

The HBO series is fantastic....If you want to really be engrossed in the epic tale that is A Song of Ice and Fire, pick up the books! Just be sure to pace yourself so you're not waiting for Martin to publish the last 2 in the series like the rest of us have been.

MonsterCat -> RE: What the hell has happened to Neil Marshall? (19/7/2013 11:21:19 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: bb

I mean, in 2005, he directed one of the best horror films of the decade, THE DESCENT, and it launched him into the spotlight. But the next two films he directed, DOOMSDAY (2008) and THE CENTURION (2010) were critical and commercial failures, and the only thing he's done ever since is television work. Is he ever going to direct another film? Or has he become too stung by the dismal failures of his last two films?

Yes, his career really has gone down the crapper now he's involved with the hottest TV show on the planet.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
6.347656E-02