Jacob's Ladder On The Remake Rung (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Jacob's Ladder On The Remake Rung (1/7/2013 7:42:13 AM)

Post your comments on this article

darktrain -> no! (1/7/2013 7:42:13 AM)

midnight meat train was shite..so no guessing what this'll end up as...jacobs ladder was a cracking exercise in paranoia and surrealism as well as a sense of unease..just leave it alone.

joe_cool2702 -> Leave well alone (1/7/2013 8:51:54 AM)

Firstly, it's Bruce Joel Rubin. Secondly, Jacobs Ladder is one of THE underrated movies of the 90's. Surreal, scary and with a terrific sense of unease throughout- the ending was stolen by Shyamalan for his breakthrough hit. Tim Robbins is immense and a great Maurice Jarre score,makes this Adrian Lyne's best movie. Leave this alone, it doesn't deserve to be bastardised by Hollywood. Not a good start to the week!!!

joe_cool2702 -> Leave well alone (1/7/2013 8:51:55 AM)

Firstly, it's Bruce Joel Rubin. Secondly, Jacobs Ladder is one of THE underrated movies of the 90's. Surreal, scary and with a terrific sense of unease throughout- the ending was stolen by Shyamalan for his breakthrough hit. Tim Robbins is immense and a great Maurice Jarre score,makes this Adrian Lyne's best movie. Leave this alone, it doesn't deserve to be bastardised by Hollywood. Not a good start to the week!!!

Silvio Mugabe -> No way! (1/7/2013 12:54:45 PM)

This is about as welcomed as a tramp's urine soaked underwear. Don't need it!

sweetladybrick -> (1/7/2013 3:35:13 PM)

I adore the original film, it's a little gem and I also love that not many people seem to have seen it! It should be more widely seen, and it doesn't really need improving on. But then neither does Shakespeare, but filmmakers rarely leave the Bard alone for long. It's not something I have much interest in because I don't see how it can say anything new, but it's like putting on a new version of a play. Only much more fucking expensive. Although a contemporary vision could draw attention to the same problems in a way that might make people think about what war does when it comes home.

paulmitchell -> No no no no no no (1/7/2013 8:20:45 PM)

Leave it alone you morons,the original should be re released in the cinema,it is a masterpiece IMO

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI