Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander (18/6/2013 9:51:03 AM)

Post your comments on this article

TheWisemanWB -> Common Sense (18/6/2013 9:51:03 AM)

How about a Scottish actor? Make sense to anyone else?

Morganafromka -> Richard Madden for the Highlander (18/6/2013 9:52:54 AM)

I guess it would be a wise choice and an interesting part for Richard. He is of Scottish descent, he knows how to hold a sword, and might be both available and interested))

Porter -> Richard Madden would be an excellent choice... (18/6/2013 9:58:28 AM)

...he is a quality actor. Thank god it's not Reynolds anymore. Unfortunately if the producers were dumb enough to consider him in the first place, it'll most likely be Vin Diesel next.

Dannybohy -> RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander (18/6/2013 10:01:49 AM)

Excellent! now they can get on the phone to Colin Farrell and get him onboard instead!!

Artoo -> RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander (18/6/2013 10:42:57 AM)

Thank fuck for that! I like Ryan Reynolds but casting him as Connor Mcleod in Highlander is nothing short of very, very silly! Even in the original film you had a Frenchman playing a Scotsman and a Scotsman playing a Spaniard, so we've had all the associated silly that we can possibly take when it comes to Highlander thankyouverymuch!

Cast Gerard Butler as Connor Mcleod and Antonio Banderas as Ramirez and jobs a goodun!

Hugh_Fran -> Scottish please (18/6/2013 12:29:28 PM)

Seriously! Why would an all American like Ryan Reynolds even be considered to play a Scottish Character? They need a Scotsman for this gig

Dannybohy -> RE: Scottish please (18/6/2013 3:59:36 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Hugh_Fran

Seriously! Why would an all American like Ryan Reynolds even be considered to play a Scottish Character? They need a Scotsman for this gig

Lambert is French! I don't think it matters in the slightest so long as they can pull off a decent Scottish accent for the flashback scenes.

bluedub -> scottish actor (18/6/2013 7:34:15 PM)

yes because christopher lambert was so scottish

Ghidorah -> RE: Scottish please (18/6/2013 7:48:22 PM)

quote:

I thought Ryan Reynolds was Canadian?

darkarius -> RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander (18/6/2013 9:25:03 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Artoo

Cast Gerard Butler as Connor Mcleod and Antonio Banderas as Ramirez and jobs a goodun!

Doesn't sound too bad. Banderas is getting on now. Maybe a touch young, but make up can sort that. Only thing I'm not too sure about with Butlers size. Last thing I saw him in he was still quite bulky. I for one don't really want to see a McLeod that's too big built. Other than that, butler could do pretty well I think.

Overmind -> RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander (19/6/2013 4:16:07 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: darkarius

quote:

Doesn't sound too bad. Banderas is getting on now. Maybe a touch young, but make up can sort that. Only thing I'm not too sure about with Butlers size. Last thing I saw him in he was still quite bulky. I for one don't really want to see a McLeod that's too big built. Other than that, butler could do pretty well I think.

Could debulk. Thats nothing new in Hollywood....

Artoo -> RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander (19/6/2013 4:55:58 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Overmind

quote:

quote:

Could always go with Ewan McGregor instead? He looks a little fresh faced though IMO........

Dannybohy -> RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander (19/6/2013 4:58:24 PM)

quote:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Overmind

quote:

quote:

Could always go with Ewan McGregor instead? He looks a little fresh faced though IMO........

leave...now

Shifty Bench -> RE: Scottish please (19/6/2013 6:46:48 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

He is Canadian, yes, not American.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy
Lambert is French! I don't think it matters in the slightest so long as they can pull off a decent Scottish accent for the flashback scenes.

It would be better to have an actual Scotsman in the role for a change, though. At least then the accent would be authentic.

NeoBrowser -> RE: Ryan Reynolds Off Highlander (20/6/2013 5:48:23 AM)

quote:

Ewan McGregor would be perfect IMO.

Dannybohy -> RE: Scottish please (20/6/2013 9:17:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Shifty Bench

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ghidorah

quote:

He is Canadian, yes, not American.

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

It would be better to have an actual Scotsman in the role for a change, though. At least then the accent would be authentic.

What say you about Colin Farrell ?. Would not be a stretch for Colin to do Scottish! or just change the story to an Irish Clan?. I just picture in my head the actor turning toward the camera (the end fight scene from original style) and saying " There can be only one!" . and quite frankly I get wood when I imagine Farrell delivering that line! I think he would own it !! Now.....who would make the best Kurgan!

elab49 -> RE: Scottish please (20/6/2013 9:20:09 AM)

Someone short enough to go toe to toe to the quite short, and therefore possibly not entirely appropriate, Farrell?

Dannybohy -> RE: Scottish please (20/6/2013 9:28:49 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: elab49

Someone short enough to go toe to toe to the quite short, and therefore possibly not entirely appropriate, Farrell?

Are you saying Farrell is too short!! I never considered him particularly short! how tall is he!. That would just make the casting of Kurgan easier surely! I would cast Joe Manganiello :) I want to see him play a bad guy! and they are clearly not going to do the right thing and cast him in the Assasins Creed movie so he needs the movie work damn it!!

Dannybohy -> RE: Scottish please (20/6/2013 9:30:22 AM)

quote:

HE IS 5FT 10" !! thats not short!!! I am 6ft! myself and do not consider 5,10 as short! I guess if are you like 6ft 5 or above then 5,10 might be considered short!

elab49 -> RE: Scottish please (20/6/2013 9:42:37 AM)

That's a lot of exclamation marks [:D]

He doesn't look 5"10.

The reboot is pointless, a given. But I think they'd be missing a trick if they didn't consider recasting Clancy Brown.

Dannybohy -> RE: Scottish please (20/6/2013 9:49:35 AM)

quote:

That's a lot of exclamation marks [:D]

He doesn't look 5"10.

The reboot is pointless, a given. But I think they'd be missing a trick if they didn't consider recasting Clancy Brown.

I agree!. I would rather they spent the money remastering the original, removing the wires ffs! and redoing the other effects , especially in the end scene!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI