RE: Scared (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Garth_Marenghi -> RE: Scared (17/6/2013 3:32:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: danielthompson99

Yeah, with Joss Whedon, JJ Abrahms, Zack Snyder and Chris Nolan at the controls, we are all in trouble.
Jealous much ?

I am pretty fearful of a future where braindead gym-bunny Captain Awesome (Zack Snyder) is a power-player. So sick of CG-slathered videogame cutscenes passing for cinema. And Nolan's po-faced miserablism doesn't do much for me either.

I think the point to take away from this is that there are too many executives who are from business school rather than the film world. Which is why we get brand exploitation (remakes, reboots, sequels) rather than new stories. Lucas & Spielberg might not be far wrong in foreseeing a future where we only have a handful of mega-budget computer-animated movies and all the interesting, quieter stories end up on TV or VOD. There is no reason for these superhero movies to cost a quarter of a billion dollars to make! It's ridiculous. The massive expenditure results in fewer risks being taken. In my view $100million should be the ceiling.

krishnan.virivada -> (24/6/2013 4:29:00 PM)

LOL. True man, and nicely put ... look at the sullen faces on the poor hapless billionaires. They look like they haven't had a 7-course meal all week

Page: <<   < prev  1 [2]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI