First Trailer For The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> First Trailer For The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug (11/6/2013 6:23:08 PM)

Post your comments on this article

JudgeDeath666 -> Cool.. (11/6/2013 6:23:08 PM)

Looks really good fun.. shame the CG looks really.... off putting. Would of liked to see more real make up like the first one and Smaug looks.... well.. urrr.. dodgy.

jimizero1 -> Looks great... (11/6/2013 6:34:09 PM)

Cgi seemed fine to me and will no doubt be polished some more over the next few months. Looks like Jackson has had some fun with the barrel sequence - could be one of his best set-pieces.

Anthony Lynch -> (11/6/2013 6:38:13 PM)

Smaug looks great and I am sure his body will look even more awesome! This promises to top the first one!

I love the acting and the dialogue and the characters!

Bhuvaneshben -> (11/6/2013 6:38:29 PM)

LOOKS VERY SEXY INDEED!

frodo95 -> Dragon!!! (11/6/2013 6:43:02 PM)

wow what can i say looks amazing would have liked to see beorn but i can't wait if only i had a tardis

Scruffybobby -> RE: Dragon!!! (11/6/2013 6:56:50 PM)

I don't remember that bit from the book

seanofthedead -> legolas (11/6/2013 7:13:29 PM)

looks like a cgi face on a real body,awful,jackson been hanging around lucas to much,loved peter Jackson when he had no money,Bad taste one of my all time favourites."i'm a Derek,and Derek's don't run!"

pete_traynor -> RE: legolas (11/6/2013 8:16:46 PM)

When did guys in make up and suits go out of fashion? [:@]

Way to much reliance on CG. But after the first, that shouldn't come as a surprise. And whoever that was who said Smaug looks like Donkey's wife from Shrek... you nailed it! [:D]

kielerkai -> Is that Dragon-CGI work in progress? (11/6/2013 8:24:04 PM)

I hope so. I also hope that there will be LESS JOKING and MORE DANGER involved.

Madhava -> Looks Amazing (11/6/2013 8:39:40 PM)

That is all.

Hugh_Fran -> Amazing (12/6/2013 2:06:42 AM)

I simply cannot wait to see this movie. December cannot come quick enough!

Biggus -> RE: Amazing (12/6/2013 8:10:07 AM)

Too much (unfinished) CGI for my taste but hopefully post-production should sharpen those images up in time for the release date.

ronniem -> (12/6/2013 10:16:42 AM)

I see bad CGI...and that's surprising coming from Weta...very generic

roblutter -> RE: RE: Dragon!!! (12/6/2013 11:18:41 AM)

"Scruffybobby" - you don't remember there being "a dragon" in the book....??!!!!!

Atlantis -> Why they showed Smaug? (12/6/2013 11:41:41 AM)

I was quite surprised to see Smaug in the trailer. I don't understand why they did that. You don't show your hand, your money shots in a trailer. That's the payoff, the most important enjoyment of watching the whole movie.

I think they made a big mistake.

Silvio Mugabe -> Jackson + Lucas + greenscreen sets + 'The Hobbit' = 'The Sky Captain' effect (12/6/2013 1:16:44 PM)

I agree with the dude that made the Lucas comment. My major complaint is the amount that is filmed in front of greenscreen rather than on location or using sets. If you look at Episodes 2 and 3 the backgrounds look completely flat - it takes you out of the film and spoils the scene. This is what Jackson is doing with 'The Hobbit' series. It looks good on your first viewing but once you have time to watch it again you see the faults - you no longer believe in the world presented before you. Honestly, I was amazed by 'The Hobbit' on first viewing and on the second (Bluray) I felt like I was watching 'Sky Captain'. How can an older trilogy be perfect and the most recent get it so wrong? Sometimes old school is better!

Aaronmantium -> Plastic is fantastic (12/6/2013 3:53:35 PM)

The only complaint i have is the plasticness the unfinished cgi has ...at least i hope unfinished aside from that bring it on

pete_traynor -> RE: Amazing (12/6/2013 4:32:06 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Biggus

Too much (unfinished) CGI for my taste but hopefully post-production should sharpen those images up in time for the release date.

Those will probably be finished shots!

So much of AUJ looked ropey that I don’t think this will be any different.

The perfect balance of practical/CG employed in TLotR seem like a distant, distant memory…. [:@]

danbo1138 -> Bad CGI (12/6/2013 5:48:46 PM)

I do hope that giant dog thing whatever it was trying to bust the door down wasn't supposed to be Beorn,looks more like that dog from the early Harry Potter film than a giant bear.

danbo1138 -> Bad CGI (12/6/2013 5:58:35 PM)

I do hope that giant dog thing whatever it was trying to bust the door down wasn't supposed to be Beorn,looks more like that dog from the early Harry Potter film than a giant bear.

Mc Khan -> SMAUG..!! (12/6/2013 7:37:39 PM)

SMAUG!! First time I have seen the snakey dragon fck n I think he looks good..I am hoping that it is not just the initial buzzz of seeing the scaly bastard for the first time!! I have to admit the CG eleves chasing the boys in the barrels looked shit and certain other bits were dodge but if that was Beorn trying to get in the door there will be trouble!! Still looking forward to it..roll on Dec!!

Scruffybobby -> RE: RE: Dragon!!! (12/6/2013 7:57:31 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: roblutter

"Scruffybobby" - you don't remember there being "a dragon" in the book....??!!!!!

That bit I do. It was a comment about all the stuff in the trailer that's created for the film - I just didn't change the thread title from the post above mine

waltham1979 -> RE: First Trailer For The Hobbit: The Desolation Of Smaug (13/6/2013 8:50:45 AM)

Good to see Orlando Bloom is as wooden and uncharasmatic as ever...*does sad face*

waltham1979 -> RE: legolas (13/6/2013 8:52:50 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

When did guys in make up and suits go out of fashion? [:@]

When I wear make up with my suit people stare at me when I walk down the street [:(]

Wild about Wilder -> RE: legolas (13/6/2013 9:40:41 AM)

Is it just me or does Lee Pace's Elf look a lot like a cross between Viserys Targaryon (Game Of Thrones) & (Bobby Calisle's) Datak Tarr (Defiance) ?

7eke -> Shame (13/6/2013 11:16:05 AM)

Looks like it suffers from the same problems as the first film, too shiny with harry potterish cgi. Lotr trilogy world looked lived in

Atlantis -> Too much CGI (13/6/2013 1:01:16 PM)

Agree. This new trilogy looks too much like Harry Potter, Narnia. The original trilogy looked real and magical.

Dannybohy -> (14/6/2013 1:11:48 PM)

This looks even more 'Fraggle Rock' than the last movie!

Desbris -> CGI why? (14/6/2013 6:12:17 PM)

The CGI where Legolas slides under the branch kooks absolutely terrible and very distracting. Too much reliance now on CGI, that was one of the major flaws with Return of the King, too many CGI scenes looked terrible.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI