Ridley Scott Finds New Writer For Blade Runner Sequel (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Ridley Scott Finds New Writer For Blade Runner Sequel (2/6/2013 10:46:02 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Manfrendshensindshen -> (2/6/2013 10:46:02 PM)

All extremely encouraging news. Not.

In three years' time, Sir Ridders will have lost interest and a "new talent" (= a director who doesn't command millions per movie - or Len Wiseman) will direct, based on a script that will have involved, at that point, five different writers (including a polish by Ehren Kruger, 'cos, y'know, he's into robots 'n stuff).

It's a pity Jerry Perenchio didn't keep the BR rights buried deep inside his safe.

iheartmovies -> Alcon Press Release (3/6/2013 1:23:11 AM)

The full press release from Alcon Entertainment about the Blade Runner sequel can be seen here: http://www.bladerunner-2.com/news/7/65/Blade-Runner-Sequel-to-be-Penned-by-Michael-Green/

Dannybohy -> RE: Alcon Press Release (3/6/2013 9:03:50 AM)

no one but Ridley wants this to happen! leave it alone!!

Wicket55 -> STOP NOW! (3/6/2013 10:05:50 AM)

What is it with Scott and terrible writers? Lindeloff for Prometheus,and now this clown Michael Green? If you insist on continuing a franchise that ended in 1982, at least get a truly class writer to do the sequel!

Simon124 -> Oh boy (3/6/2013 10:20:11 AM)

Just get Lindelhof to screw it up a bit more and hey! You got yourself a stew!

Nicky C -> How does his CV qualify him for this? (3/6/2013 10:22:28 AM)

Seriously, Robopocalypse and Fantastic Four are myth or fantasy pictures. Bladerunner is not. Bladerunner is a mixture of Science Fiction (by that I mean a specific sub category of Speculative Fiction or SF) and the Detective genre. It's also very noir. Bladerunner's my favourite movie, so if this sequel ends up being about a man with no father who had an obscure childhood, goes off on a journey, discovers he is a king (metaphorically of course) then comes back to either save the day or lead the oppressed to rise up against their oppressors then I won't even watch it. If it's a hard-boiled Sci-Fi/Detective story about 'what makes us human' then I will. It's as simple as that.

jraffau -> (3/6/2013 11:52:12 AM)

CGI will ruin the sequel for me. Part of the appeal BR for me was the SFX work. Its difficult to reproduce today (you can't fake good faking).

Silvio Mugabe -> Why are they doing this? (3/6/2013 2:03:44 PM)

The legacy of Blade Runner will 'be lost like tears in rain' if this joker's take gets green-lit. I was never happy about the thought of a sequel but after checking out this dude's output on IMDB I fear for the worst. It's like the Gremlins remake/reboot - not needed!

burtbondy -> Just ReHire David Peoples (3/6/2013 3:19:00 PM)

If it aint broke dont fix it. This Grenn fellow has done nothing to suggest he can write a sequel to Blade Runner.

kielerkai -> This project is doomed and dead on arrival. (3/6/2013 4:00:12 PM)

It will be a TOTAL RECALL-like epic fail. Bland CGI with no story. Thanks but no thanks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI