New Pacific Rim Stills - And Del Toro Speaks! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Pacific Rim Stills - And Del Toro Speaks! (31/5/2013 2:17:51 PM)

Post your comments on this article

albumental -> This is definitely starting to look pretty cool... (31/5/2013 2:17:51 PM)

...but (and I know I'm in the minority here so flame on) I do find Del Toro's movies to be somewhat spectacle over substance, or plot cohesion, or narrative flow.

We'll see.

Iago 1979 -> RE: This is definitely starting to look pretty cool... (31/5/2013 7:18:44 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: albumental

...but (and I know I'm in the minority here so flame on) I do find Del Toro's movies to be somewhat spectacle over substance, or plot cohesion, or narrative flow.

We'll see.

Fair comment, although I'm not too sure how much a "Robots vs. Aliens" movie requires, in terms of plot! 😉

Willy Wood -> RE: This is definitely starting to look pretty cool... (2/6/2013 3:30:06 PM)

Hellboy 2 was a dog of a movie, Del Toro is a bit iffy in my book. Interesting to see whether the audience takes to the concept of this movie in the required numbers, personally I can see this bombing.

cyrusDCmonster -> RE: This is definitely starting to look pretty cool... (6/6/2013 11:20:48 AM)

i enjoy Del Toro's work. i'm personally looking forward to this. i'm a fan of most of the main cast and have a soft spot for monster movies...sorry Kaiju films.

Coyleone -> RE: This is definitely starting to look pretty cool... (6/6/2013 2:35:16 PM)

I like Del Toro, I absolutely love Pan's and Hellboy II, but I'm hoping this isn't too 'Transformers-y' for lack of a better term. I'm sure he can handle something like this well enough though, especially considering his love for the genre.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
3.198242E-02