Bryan Singer Tweets Quicksilver Is In Days Of Future Past (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Bryan Singer Tweets Quicksilver Is In Days Of Future Past (23/5/2013 9:57:06 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Gazzabrook -> My Mind is blown (23/5/2013 9:57:06 PM)

On the one hand I'm glad he's in X-men as a mutant, on the hand DOFP has to many people now that I'm starting to get worried and that takes a lot - Singer Vs Whedon

freyar_88 -> What?! (23/5/2013 10:42:20 PM)

I'm excited about Singer's return to the X-Men franchise, but I'm now starting to worry. How on earth is he going to juggle this many characters? And Quicksilver? Seems like a direct jab at Whedon and the Avengers sequel. I hope the Scarlet Witch isn't crammed into this too, let Joss do her justice please Fox.

veedlemonster -> a cinema first? (23/5/2013 10:54:13 PM)

I cant imagine anything like this has ever happened before... kind of wish Singer didn't do this, as I have a feeling Whedon will drop SW/QS which is a shame... UNLESS marvel wrangle a deal like they nearly did with Sony regarding the Oscorp tower, and use SW's powers of reality bending to transfer SW/QS across franchises...

Porter -> Wow... (23/5/2013 11:16:02 PM)

Couldn't give two shits

Anthony Lynch -> (24/5/2013 4:50:48 AM)

Now that is cheeky. I love the X-Men movies, minus that crapfest that was The Last Stand and Wolverine: Origins. I did not really like the Avengers as much - its more popcorny, more for kids.

This is extremely audacious of Bryan Singer! What will Whedon do? Who will he cast? I cannot wait.

X-Men: Days of Future Past is on the top of my watch list for 2014.

partybee -> Cheeky bandits! (24/5/2013 8:38:38 AM)

I don't doubt for a minute that this has been a knee-jerk addition/change to the script imposed by the boardroom in light of Whedon's reveal. Clowns. It's their movie that'll suffer for it. Feige's much too cool a customer to be bothered such petty, provocative behaviour and I reckon at the worst it'll give Whedon's a giggle, if he bats an eyelid.

partybee -> Also... (24/5/2013 8:43:24 AM)

Michael Keaton played Nicolette in Jackie Brown and Out of Sight for two different studios thanks in large to Tarantino. In the Jackie Brown special features Quentin mentions this also having happened in some 70's movies, though I can't remember which.

FoximusPrime -> RE: Also... (24/5/2013 9:07:12 AM)

Marvel are fully aware of the rights issue with their characters so I find it difficult to believe Marvel would tell Whedon he can use characters if he can't, so I reckon if they are in Avengers 2, they won't be the same characters as such i.e. same names, same powers, different backstory, not Magneto's kids.

This is no doubt a cheap ploy from Fox to try and scupper Disney though, but then why would anyone expect anything less from that studio?

y2cave -> RE: Also... (24/5/2013 9:36:10 AM)

Quicksilver (and Scarlet Witch) make much more sense for DOFP than they do for Avengers - they are mutants and as such are better connected with the XMen mythology. Yes, in the comics, they've had a big role in the Avengers, but in the films I think it's best to keep things separate, otherwise you risk clusterxxxxing the whole thing and ending up with another Last Stand. What next? Spider-Man to turn up complaining that the Avengers won't let him join? Ben Affleck returning for a Daredevil cameo? No, it's too much. Whedon's announcement struck me as him trying to shoehorn another of his tried-and-tested character tropes in, as well as maybe testing the waters for fan response. So yeah, I much prefer Quicksilver in DOFP.

Artoo -> RE: Also... (24/5/2013 10:47:23 AM)

Even though I'm sure Joss Whedon will deliver another great movie, I don't like the idea of him using Quicksilver and the Scarlett Witch in The Avengers 2 because I'm a bit of a comic book purist and they don't really belong in that universe - they belong in the X-Universe as Magneto's children! I know there have been crossover's in the comic's but QS and SW have still always been affiliated with the X-Men!
There has been no mention of mutants in any of the Disney/Marvel films yet to my knowledge so you've gotta ask yourself - will they change the whole associated comic book lore that comes with them? I'm thinking they will and I don't like it!

Why not introduce us to Black Panther, Ant-Man and The Wasp, Vision, Starfox, The Black Knight, Luke Cage or Iron Fist or one of the other unmpteen characters you have at your mercy to use instead of picking these two who, although are very cool characters and will no doubt be done brilliantly by Joss Whedon, come with a shit load of controversy and will only serve to confuse things!

I would personally like to see Black Panther introduced with a storyline involving Wakanda and their Vibranium reserves, with The Wasp in a smaller (no pun intended) capacity and a cameo from Ant Man - leading nicely into Edgar Wrights Ant Man movie which I believe is next up after Avengers 2.

I'm available as a consultant Joss if you're reading this........

veedlemonster -> Natalie Dormer (SW) + Daniel Bruhl (QS) !!! (24/5/2013 11:04:18 AM)

With the sheer number of characters, and big name actors, in X:DOFP I can't imagine Evan Peter's role as Quicksilver will be a big one. So I'm hoping Whedon/Feige use the Twins anyhow, maybe throw a joke about parallel realities into the Avengers...

PitchBlue -> What are you talking about Artoo? (24/5/2013 11:38:17 AM)

You must be a youngun' as I remember growing up in the 70's Scarlet Witch was a mainstay in the Avengers throughout the 70's and 80's. She married Vision when they were in the Avengers together. Yes she was in the original Brotherhood of Evil Mutants in the late 60's but for me she's well and truly part of the Avengers. Quicksilver on the other hand is a different matter.

kingtutiii -> RE: Bryan Singer Tweets Quicksilver Is In Days Of Future Past (25/5/2013 2:57:26 AM)

DOFP has too many characters. Focus on one or two characters from FC interacting with one or two characters from the OT.

Jodan_King -> RE: Also... (25/5/2013 8:01:29 AM)

So is Empire it seems

"So Singer has announced that Peters – who already has a comic book film credit to his name with Kick-Ass’ Todd – is on board for the movie. In case you’re busy spluttering and wondering how he could conceivably turn up in two studio franchises, Pietro (AKA Quicksilver) and twin sister Scarlet Witch (real name: Wanda) are two of several characters spawned by the X-Men comics universe whose rights are jointly held by 20th Fox and Marvel/Disney. We've discussed the characters' tangled histories in a bit more depth here." 😉

Jodan_King -> RE: Also... (25/5/2013 8:05:47 AM)

Sorry should have quoted foxiusprime there

hi charlie -> (25/5/2013 8:16:37 AM)

bad choice for quicksilver I swear in the comics he was older and less young poncey actor looking, I don't know why they feel the need to always make characters younger in the films I had no problem watching actuall men in films when I was a kid, Indiana Jones didn't have to be twelve for me to relate to him.

Wild about Wilder -> RE: (25/5/2013 9:46:42 AM)

Beleave me he is,was & will always be Poncey have hated this character for years though if he has to appear in a Marvel movie would much rather it be in X-Men than Avengers hopefully they'll kill him off!

Silvio Mugabe -> First Class 2: Bring your own airbag (25/5/2013 4:58:44 PM)

This just sounds like a car crash! I've just got this image of Singer sitting in a room with a bunch of accountants and studio execs trying to come up with their own 'Avengers but with mutants'. The best X-Men films always contained a small band of characters - not a massive gallery! That's what made X1 and First Class so good - the narrative only really focused on 2/3 characters and the rest were filler that brought some good action. There are too many big names that will want their own story. There will be a lot of egobating going on with this script!

joshsym -> he is a mutant so shouldnt be in avengers (26/5/2013 1:27:54 PM)

he is a mutant, there is no possibility of him appearing in avengers without this character being butchered like the mandarin. They should let him be and use other characters like wasp, ant man.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI