New Trailer Online For Edgar Wright's The World's End (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Trailer Online For Edgar Wright's The World's End (22/5/2013 3:35:44 PM)

Post your comments on this article

pumpkin_ghost -> (22/5/2013 3:35:44 PM)

I have to say, it's so far not looking particularly funny or inventive. Still, I have extreme faith in these boys to make it special

Chronicle -> (22/5/2013 3:58:58 PM)

Exactly the same feeling as you. Looks pretty uninspiring

dunkah -> (22/5/2013 4:38:50 PM)

So it's Shaun Of The Dead, only with robots instead of zombies and a few more pubs thrown in. Fuck it, why not, eh?

paulmitchell -> Oh yes (22/5/2013 6:26:22 PM)

The trailer before this didn't convince me,this one does,I loved hot fuzz and paddy wot sit face,

Willy Wood -> RE: Oh yes (22/5/2013 10:50:21 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: paulmitchell

The trailer before this didn't convince me,this one does,I loved hot fuzz and paddy wot sit face,

Agreed this trailer is better, that said there was very little in the trailer that came across as particularly amusing, could be the end of the line for Peggy and Frost, Paul wasn't that funny.

leroythemasochist -> yeah, ok, but... (22/5/2013 11:11:51 PM)

it's a bit...samey?
oh shit I hate saying that as a BIG Spaced fan and Shaun of the Dead was surreally brilliant. Hot Fuzz was good but didn't really engage me as much as Shaun did.
Sorry everyone. It was great and a damn sight better than ANYTHING that Gervais bloke's ever managed to cough up on screen - but that's a whole other story.
It's just that the main premise of this movie is 'we need to get to the pub before the monsters get us. And my ex girlfriend will be there (who's way to attractive for me to have ever pulled her) and mayhem will no doubt occur BIG TIME.
Now I'm certain I will enjoy this movie and I will still remain a big fan of Frost, Pegg and Wright but this seems like too much of a Shaun retread to me. But then maybe that's the point. Maybe that's the whole idea of the trilogy anyway - to go back to where it all started and have one last big smackdown. or something.
I hope it's good. In fact I hope it's GREAT and I know I'll laugh and come away feeling good - just would've liked it if it wasn't so easy to pick holes in the basic idea.
Sorry guys.

NeoBrowser -> (23/5/2013 4:12:07 AM)

I just CAN NOT wait for this!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI