Gremlins Shifts Into Reboot Mode (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Gremlins Shifts Into Reboot Mode (13/5/2013 9:18:05 PM)

Post your comments on this article

dannyfletch -> Why oh why??? (13/5/2013 9:18:05 PM)

No doubt this will probably star some annoying boy band lookalikes, have an overload of crap CGI and have non of the charm of the original!

retranimator -> Do a bloody Sequel!!! (13/5/2013 11:22:41 PM)

Im not sure if a reboot will work for this classic, I welcome a sequel but in ways it would be like remaking Jaws
I bet they get Jackie Chan to play Mr. Wing!

Hugh_Fran -> Reboot Reboot (14/5/2013 1:09:23 AM)

Can these studios not come up with fresh ideas? Next thing we'll be hearing that Critters is getting rebooted

Garth_Marenghi -> Oh, fuck off (14/5/2013 2:35:07 AM)

No way this no-doubt soulless piece of crap is getting my money. I dread to hear the arguments for doing it all CG that we'll have to endure in the coming months. Even when I was a kid I could see that they were puppets, but I didn't care. I was intelligent enough to know that films aren't real, but my suspension of disbelief and the power of the story swept me away. If Joe Dante were shepherding this, I might cut it some slack, but this just seems like another cynical lazy cash-grab, exploiting the back catalogue. Create some new franchises, for Pete's sake!

leroythemasochist -> how does this make me feel?? (14/5/2013 8:03:12 AM)

I'll tell ya shall I?
it makes me feel that the beast of mediocrity that is mainstream Hollywood has taken another step closer to the hallowed ground of Indiana Jones, Jaws and Back to the Future.
Seriously, think about what you want world! People will go and see this shit and accept it as the norm.
It's just lazy and depressing.
the thing is though, they wouldn't do this sort of thing unless we bought the tickets!
Back when I were a lad there was a joke going round about who bought Shakin Stevens records. It was a total mystery cuz everyone knew he was crap, no one liked him and no one admitted to it. Thing is, he was mega successful.
Its the same here, people go on about how all these cash in movies are crap but they keep being made so there must be a solid market.
the main problem is that the talent simply isnt in Hollywood anymore. today's directors are pale imitations of Spielberg, Scorsese, Lucas (back then!) etc. they don't have the skill or intelligence to write their own stories. they just take an old movie and reboot it or read a comic book and all the fanboys go ape shit.
I'm just bored of the whole thing

Chronicle -> -_- (14/5/2013 9:57:17 AM)

Please no, the Gremlins will probably look like alvin and the chipmunks 3D.. And Dark Shadows was one of the worst movies of last year so I'm even more worried..

Nicky C -> This is what happens when execs don't watch movies ... (14/5/2013 10:51:02 AM)

... Steven Soderbergh was right. You get execs at the top of studios who don't even watch movies for pleasure and so all the remakes and reboots are of movies that they've heard of, but the public don't want to see remade because the choice is too obvious and naff. Time to start looking in the vaults for the interesting films that nobody's seen for 30 years and remake them instead. The idea of a Gremlins reboot makes me not give a shit and I won't be seeing it at the theatre. Been there, done that. Thanks, but no thanks.

Mattoo -> Oy - that's my picture! (14/5/2013 1:42:09 PM)

Et tu Empire? You probably didn't know, just grabbed it off Googles but that's my very entirely completely CGI image you've used but managed to remove my credit.
It can be seen in full here: http://matt-painter.co.uk/

No problem really, just wanna get my creds.

Discodez -> RE: Oy - that's my picture! (14/5/2013 1:48:51 PM)

yawn

Mattoo -> Oy - that's my picture! (14/5/2013 2:00:01 PM)

Et tu Empire? You probably didn't know, just grabbed it off Googles but that's my very entirely completely CGI image you've used but managed to remove my credit.

Mattoo -> Oy - that's my picture! (14/5/2013 2:24:59 PM)

BenTramer -> Bring Back Phoebe Cates! (14/5/2013 6:09:47 PM)

Phoebe Cates was extremely hot in the original and she's disappeared from movies. Even if she's old now, I still definitely would. Give her a cameo, I say (preferably telling another stupid story like her traumatic Santa one in the original that was rightly parodied in the sequel.)

mancalledpete -> Boring (14/5/2013 10:57:52 PM)

Yawn. Hollywood yawn.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI