Ray Harryhausen Has Died (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Ray Harryhausen Has Died (7/5/2013 6:33:41 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Scruffybobby -> R.I.P. Ray (7/5/2013 6:33:41 PM)

Really sad news. I had the honour to meet him and shake his hand a few years back. A real legend. He'll be missed

garymakin -> RIP, Ray (7/5/2013 6:36:34 PM)

And thanks for the memories.

Struie -> RIP Ray (7/5/2013 7:02:45 PM)

The industry has lost a true pioneer. I spent most of my younger days watching the movies he worked on. He and his work will never be forgotten.

RogueAngelfire -> A true inspiration (7/5/2013 7:05:13 PM)

Thanks Ray as you inspired me and my brother for as long as I can remember and to think it only this time last year was at the South Bank Film Museum for exhibition. Blessings to all your friends and family and not forgetting fans.

The Watcher -> Thankyou Ray! (7/5/2013 10:31:44 PM)

Your creations have left an imprint on mine, and millions of others lives. Thankyou for scaring the crap out of me with Medusa and the skeleton gladiators! lol

You were as influential and pioneering as Fischinger or Disney...you now stand among them, a true genius...an original innovator, with a rermarkable legacy!

excelsior -> A Titan Leaves Us (7/5/2013 10:36:39 PM)

The uniquely great Ray Harryhausen died today, his contribution to modern cinema incalculable.
When the father of modern special effects, and the architect of my childhood imagination, dies it's a "stop all the clocks" moment as far as I'm concerned.
I watched the brilliant new documentary "Ray Harryhausen:Special Effects Titan" only last week, in which every major film maker, and SFX technician, in the last 30 years got down on their hands and knees and worshipped him...which is no more than he deserved, and just as it should be.
The kids and I met him at a book signing in 2003. I shook his hand and thanked him for my career as an Illustrator, as the first things I ever drew were Ray's creatures. He was as wonderfully self-effacing and gracious as you would expect him to be. When we left the Cinema Store, on St Martin's lane, it was a few moments before I realised that I'd been crying.
He thought himself nothing special...how very wrong he was.
The movie business had better collectively doff it's cap... or it'll have me to answer to.
Thank you Ray...thank you so very very much...no finer technician...no more wonderous nor humble artist ever lived.
Amen.

NCC1701A -> R.I.P Ray (8/5/2013 8:22:16 AM)

Really sad to hear this, loved his work.

RIP.

theonering -> (8/5/2013 8:30:44 AM)

RIP to a true Hollywood legend. You paved the way for modern films, but your work will always be the milestone to which others strive.

Discodez -> RE: Ray Harryhausen Has Died (8/5/2013 10:12:50 AM)

Loved all the films he did when I was a kid, Jason and the Argonauts, Valley of the Gwangi, the Sinbad films. True Hollywood ledgend

Frank Comiskey -> FLASHMAN (8/5/2013 11:18:44 AM)

I once knew an American kid at school called Billy who lived next door to RH; Billy said he was, like many of the true geniuses, very unassuming, and very casually gave him a minature skeleton as a keepsake, as well as a model of a certain great ape who once visited Manhattan.

bb -> Ray Harryhausen will never be forgotten (8/5/2013 7:42:47 PM)

Thank you so much, Harryhausen. You're wonderful stop-motion work will live on in the years to come. Most importantly, they deliver a much soulful imagery than most of the CGI we get nowadays. Rest in peace.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI