EA Gets Licence For Star Wars Games (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> EA Gets Licence For Star Wars Games (7/5/2013 9:12:50 AM)

Post your comments on this article

Dave Oz -> (7/5/2013 9:12:50 AM)

Would it be terribly obvious if I said "Nooooooooo!..."

Overmind -> RE: (7/5/2013 12:33:51 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dave Oz

Would it be terribly obvious if I said "Nooooooooo!..."

Yeeeeessss i would be to obvious. No surprise at all sadly.

JJ has a gaming and movie deal with valve. They could use that contact.
But Valve doesnt have an asemblyline..

This is probably Disneys biggest mistake ...ever..... epic scale.

Dannybohy -> RE: RE: (7/5/2013 12:46:29 PM)

epic imperial fail

Litshttam -> (7/5/2013 7:04:40 PM)

The article wrongly associates EA with the crafting of the KotOR duology; "...Still, Knights Of The Old Republic was great." Both games existed before EA sunk its claws into Bioware, itself the crafter of only the first game (Obsidian made the sequel).

Osric -> RE: (8/5/2013 7:40:56 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Litshttam

The article wrongly associates EA with the crafting of the KotOR duology; "...Still, Knights Of The Old Republic was great." Both games existed before EA sunk its claws into Bioware, itself the crafter of only the first game (Obsidian made the sequel).

No it doesn't. It clearly credits KOTOR to Bioware in the second paragraph before it mentions it again in the third. It's maybe slightly unclear if you're not reading it properly but its not wrong.

Litshttam -> RE: RE: (8/5/2013 9:46:17 PM)

I wrote that the article associates EA with the crafting. Which it does. Which is wrong.

All the best.

Osric -> RE: RE: (9/5/2013 8:10:53 AM)

KOTOR IS associated with EA, because Bioware made it and Bioware are now part of EA. How are you finding this difficult?

Overmind -> RE: RE: (9/5/2013 10:14:25 AM)

Shrug/drink/smile all the evil is gone :)

Litshttam -> RE: RE: (9/5/2013 7:12:13 PM)

"...They're (EA) not, it's perhaps fair to say, the most beloved company among gamers, so it's unlikely that the announcement will cause many fans to break out the Membrosia. Still, Knights Of The Old Republic was great."

KotOR being great doesn't make the news any easier to swallow as EA played no part in the crafting of that game. Its acquisition of Bioware post-KotOR is irrelevant; Bioware made it without EA's input. Today Bioware has to contend with EA's input, thusly it wouldn't necessarily make as good a game (The Old Republic, anyone?).

Capiche?

Osric -> RE: RE: (10/5/2013 10:30:06 AM)

I understand your point but I think you're deliberately misreading for the sake of semantics that you think make you sound cleverer than the writers. They're saying that EA are unpopular, but that with the companies involved, maybe it'll turn out OK. It's irrelevant that KOTOR happened before EA's involvement, because EA have got Bioware on the job. As I said: could be clearer / not wrong.

Litshttam -> RE: RE: (10/5/2013 11:56:12 PM)

No, EA has got an EA-influenced Bioware on the job. KotOR being great is no consolation (at least to me) as Bioware made it sans-EA.

If you've inferred an attempt on my part to be cleverer than the article's author, well, hey-ho. As conceded by your good self, however, I have a point - one I'll not retract however many times you may respond.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI