Iron Man 3 Storms The US Box Office (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Iron Man 3 Storms The US Box Office (6/5/2013 4:19:33 PM)

Post your comments on this article

joshsym -> good movie- but the mandarin deserved better (6/5/2013 4:19:33 PM)

good stuff, truth be told i was a little disappointed by the mandarin twist, which destroyed an iconic character The mandarin is to iron man what Joker is to batman the reveal with Killich simply wasnt it and I think most fans agree that maybe the twist wasnt needed. Having said that the rest of the movie was a lot of fun and still worth watching.

BenTramer -> Daring To Deface The Mandarin (6/5/2013 6:18:53 PM)

@joshsym.I agree with you. The Mandarin seemed like such a cruel, harsh villain until they pulled the silly twist for cheap laughs and replaced him Guy Pearce and his Ready Brek glow which was nowhere near as good. Huge mistake that really hurt the movie. Apparently they were worried that The Mandarin would come across as a racist and no doubt hurt the movie's takings in places like China and other asian countries. Typical 21st century movie, no balls and all about the money.

BenTramer -> Daring To Deface The Mandarin (6/5/2013 6:21:08 PM)

@joshsym.I agree with you. The Mandarin seemed like such a cruel, harsh villain until they pulled the silly twist for cheap laughs and replaced him Guy Pearce and his Ready Brek glow which was nowhere near as good. Huge mistake that really hurt the movie. Apparently they were worried that The Mandarin would come across as a racist stereotype and no doubt hurt the movie's takings in new markets like China and other Asian countries. Typical 21st century movie, no balls and all about the money.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI