Abrams Wants John Williams For Star Wars (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Abrams Wants John Williams For Star Wars (1/5/2013 6:47:54 AM)

Post your comments on this article

leroythemasochist -> hope this is true (1/5/2013 6:47:54 AM)

and to me this is just one example that shows JJ knows when to change stuff and when to leave well alone

Dannybohy -> RE: hope this is true (1/5/2013 8:45:41 AM)

nice to see some directors have some damn respect for perfection!....

jackcarter -> RE: hope this is true (1/5/2013 8:58:23 AM)

good news - Bryan Singer shouldve done the same for Superman Returns

Nicky C -> Cool! (1/5/2013 9:13:12 AM)

If it ain't JW, it ain't SW.

bb -> Anything's possible (1/5/2013 11:03:45 AM)

John Williams may now be in his early-80's, but that doesn't mean he can't do the music for STAR WARS - EPISODE VII. After all, there has been composers who have been making film music in their twilight years (Ennio Morricone is now 84 and he still's composing music in his native country of Italy, and the late Akira Ifukube was in his late-70's/early-80's when he came out of retirement to compose the 1990's GODZILLA movies). If Williams does get to do the music for EPISODE VII, I will be very happy indeed.

redgrave -> What about Giacchino? (1/5/2013 11:17:40 AM)

As much as I love J Williams, I'd rather want JJ to work again with Michael Giacchino, star wars needs new blood after the awful episodes 1 2 & 3.

lankeymarlon -> (1/5/2013 12:04:47 PM)

The ideal situation would be if John Williams and Michael Giacchino collaborated together.

Garth_Marenghi -> Perfect news! (1/5/2013 4:13:11 PM)

Nice to see a director who still has some respect for a previous era and its talents. I like Giacchino, he's certainly a cut above most modern composers, but he's not in the same league as Williams. I can't really remember any of his themes, just that they were pleasant. So this is fantastic - I wish Snyder had kept Williams for Man Of Steel, new continuity or not (we still have the Monty Norman/John Barry Bond theme in Craig's movies, for a start). I suspect what we'll get is Williams composing the main series, and someone like Giacchino doing the standalone films, if Abrams is a producer on them. Which would be fine with me. Certainly rather have him than any of those Zimmer clones like Jablonsky, Tyler Bates and so on...

My name is Legion -> RE: What about Giacchino? (1/5/2013 6:43:42 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: redgrave

As much as I love J Williams, I'd rather want JJ to work again with Michael Giacchino, star wars needs new blood after the awful episodes 1 2 & 3.

Yeah because this was shit https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zt0UuNpUqK4.

Don't confuse Lucas' absurd films with their scores. They were pretty much the only redeeming feature.

directorscut -> RE: What about Giacchino? (1/5/2013 9:48:53 PM)

quote:

Surely if you wanted new blood you'd should get someone who writes original music and doesn't steal all his stuff from others?

rich -> Enough about Giacchino already (1/5/2013 10:36:40 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: My name is Legion

Don't confuse Lucas' absurd films with their scores. They were pretty much the only redeeming feature.

Totally

Shifty Bench -> RE: Abrams Wants John Williams For Star Wars (2/5/2013 10:08:18 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: directorscut

quote:

Surely if you wanted new blood you'd should get someone who writes original music and doesn't steal all his stuff from others?

To be fair, you could say that of most modern blockbuster composers. And while I'm not a Star Wars film fan, I love the scores so I'm glad Williams may be back. And I say that as a fan of Giacchino (and I don't really hear a lot of other people's work in his scores but fair enough).

Mr Gittes -> RE: What about Giacchino? (2/5/2013 5:14:21 PM)

quote:

One of the biggest crimes of the prequels was that they were such a big waste of Williams' masterful score. The Droid March theme in particular I love.

This guy said it best:

quote:

ORIGINAL: Nicky C

If it ain't JW, it ain't SW.

Pelle -> TV-boy (6/5/2013 8:24:49 PM)

Why is this television writer constantly in Empire? I thought this was supposed to be a movie magazine.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI