Pacific Rim WonderCon Trailer Arrives (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> Pacific Rim WonderCon Trailer Arrives (29/4/2013 7:28:57 PM)

Post your comments on this article

ChesterCopperpot -> Yes, yes and er... yes. (29/4/2013 7:28:57 PM)

Michael Bay and Optimus Prime can fuck off as far as I'm concerned. Oil tankers used as a club? Sold.

leroythemasochist -> more giant robots?? really? (29/4/2013 8:01:07 PM)

is that it?
looks like ID4 had a threesome with transformers and iron man.
yeah, the effects are certainly mighty and it has a sort of gritty look to it but is this all there is?
call me old fashioned but i'd like a scary movie where you don't see the monster in the trailer and every guy in it doesn't look like some Men's Health cover model.
having said all that, I'll probably go see it - I'm a sucker!

Bubba76 -> I'm going to see it... (29/4/2013 8:16:06 PM)

And I will probably love it but... I can't help and think of the Power Rangers when I watch this trailer! :)

kumar -> RE: I'm going to see it... (29/4/2013 9:37:51 PM)

BATTER UP!!! FUCKING LOVE IT!

pete_traynor -> RE: I'm going to see it... (29/4/2013 9:51:32 PM)

Just looks so... uninspired!

I thought the first trailer was underwhelming but this looks worse. And the voice over guy's annoying beyond words! Don't think I could take a whole film of him speaking.

GDT is a lovely guy but I also think he's criminally over rated and if this did not have his name on it I'd be interested to see if it was met with the same level of optimism by most. Working in Spanish, the guy is flat out wonderful! But he has underwhelmed me with his Hollywood endeavors.... and I'm thinking this won't be the turning of the tide for me and him.

James2183 -> RE: I'm going to see it... (29/4/2013 11:22:53 PM)

Sold, sold, sold!

As close as we're going to get to Neon Genesis Evangelion

Daniel Glennon -> This looks amazing (29/4/2013 11:43:49 PM)

I can not wait for this, I'm looking forward to this more than any other film this year. We don't see much of the Kaiju in this trailer, but what we do see reminds me of Gamera, Rodan and of course Godzilla and that is no bad thing. As ChesterCopperpot said, the visual idea of a tanker used by a giant fighting robot as a weapon is beyond cool. Bring it on

Munoz9 -> (30/4/2013 1:21:12 AM)

I hope Mr. Del Toro directs a live-action Gatchaman(Battle of The Planets) in the near future. They sure have the technology to make it now!

a_man_and_his_monkey -> Voice Over Guy... (30/4/2013 10:36:29 AM)

How annoying.

pete_traynor -> RE: Voice Over Guy... (30/4/2013 10:40:18 AM)

Also, the title makes it sounds like a Polynesian skin flick.

Dannybohy -> RE: Voice Over Guy... (30/4/2013 10:50:50 AM)

I'm looking forward to this!! might even make it my first IMAX visit! :)

pete_traynor -> RE: Voice Over Guy... (30/4/2013 11:44:17 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Dannybohy

MoS should get that honor this summer Danny [;)]

Wild about Wilder -> RE: Voice Over Guy... (30/4/2013 11:48:33 AM)

Looks awsome Del Toro obviously likes him some Sons Of Anarchy.
Quick question when did JJ Abrams get time to appear? [;)]

Dannybohy -> RE: Voice Over Guy... (30/4/2013 12:59:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: pete_traynor

quote:

Nahhh! I don't actually like the whole IMAX idea! surely its like getting the crap seats right at the front of the cinema!

pete_traynor -> RE: Voice Over Guy... (30/4/2013 1:54:46 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

Nahhh! I don't actually like the whole IMAX idea! surely its like getting the crap seats right at the front of the cinema!

If you get centre seats half way back or beyond (in a real IMAX screen)nothing else even remotely compares to it for my money!

However, when they blew up the Matrix sequels for the BFI IMAX (70ft!!!) years back, my mate bought front row seats! My eyes still sting from that horrendous viewing now… just awful!  [:D]

Dannybohy -> RE: Voice Over Guy... (30/4/2013 3:27:43 PM)

quote:

quote:

quote:

quote:

If you get centre seats half way back or beyond (in a real IMAX screen)nothing else even remotely compares to it for my money!

However, when they blew up the Matrix sequels for the BFI IMAX (70ft!!!) years back, my mate bought front row seats! My eyes still sting from that horrendous viewing now… just awful!  [:D]

nearest screen to me is Bradford! I've looked in and it just looks too big! cant see how any seat wouldn't feel like I was missing something at the other end of the screen lol!. I`ll stick with the new Vue cinema in Halifax, even though they have gone backward to the age of VIP seats, elitism and blatant profiteering! My perfect seats actually a row behind the VIP so screw you VUE!!

adzman -> (30/4/2013 6:04:49 PM)

Looks like utter bollocks.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI