The 20 Soundtracks That Defined The 1960s (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Feedback] >> Empire Online

Empire Admin -> The 20 Soundtracks That Defined The 1960s (26/4/2013 10:26:51 PM)

Post your comments on this article

Stevius -> CRIMINAL!!!???!!! (26/4/2013 10:26:51 PM)

It's difficult to disagree with any of the above but I find it utterly unforgiveable that neither Herbie Hancock's 'Blow Up' or, more significantly, that 'Midnight Cowboy's' soundtrack have failed to receive any mention. Perhaps a Top 25 would be more appropriate in order to see their inclusion & smooth over this sizeable error?

Schnorbitz -> (29/4/2013 11:18:06 PM)

Double plus good on The Magnificent Seven, Where Eagles Dare and The Great Escape. And did you know, there were (thankfully unused in the film) lyrics for The Great Escape theme?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xep8U7hYZ2o

markgunston -> (4/5/2013 1:43:26 PM)

The list is pretty spot on, though I'm not sure if Hard Days Night counts as an OST.
If the list were a little bigger, could have included Midnight Cowboy, The Ipcress File, The Sound of Music and Zulu.

Avengers12 -> minus the BIGGEST 60's soundtrack..good job (9/5/2013 10:28:12 AM)

you're kidding right..?? u must've forgot...THE SOUND OF MUSIC..?? only the BIGGEST and the MOST POPULAR soundtrack of the 60's cinema!!

and...Help! over A Hard Day's Night..?? screwy...

OHMSS over Goldfinger..?? well, maybe SCORE-wise, the former does rank higher, but the latter's got the greatest Bond theme, THAT should count for something, right..??

and Django...?? c'mon...and where's 2001: A Space Odyssey..??

dturner69 -> Jungle Book rules!!! (10/5/2013 9:37:12 AM)

This was the soundtrack to my childhood. In an age before video and when this wasn't accessible to me in the cinema I lived and breathed this film via this extraordinary LP with foldout sleeve. I still love it just as much today and the songs and incidental music still provide a thrill every time I hear them. "Look for the... "

kmcryer -> Where's THE GRADUATE!? (20/5/2013 3:44:11 AM)

I can't believe any list of 1960s soundtracks would exclude that. I mean, after the Beatles and musicals like the Sound of Music and West Side Story, that WAS the soundtrack of the '60s.

combourg -> sort ya site out (11/6/2013 3:16:08 PM)

ya click on one pic and get the blurb for the next one!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.660156E-02