New Man Of Steel Trailer Flies In (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Film Forums] >> Movie News

Empire Admin -> New Man Of Steel Trailer Flies In (17/4/2013 7:04:43 AM)

Post your comments on this article

stippidoo -> Its Zimmer Time (17/4/2013 7:04:43 AM)

This trailer is showing lots of promise, but Hans Zimmer's soundtrack is really setting the tone for this to be epic.
Excuse me while I change my underwear...

cawykes -> Is it a bird... (17/4/2013 7:21:40 AM)

Wow! Now that trailer was great. Showed what looks like amazing action and emotion. I think we need a breakdown as there is some sort of squid tentacle thing at one point. Maybe the kinetic direction of Snyder and the thoughtful storytelling of Nolan is a perfect match...

Mr_Haze1810 -> I've never seen a bird or plane look that cool (17/4/2013 7:25:18 AM)

The promise is astounding! Truly excited and the ticket I bought a year ago is burning a hole in my pocket... BURNING I TELL YOU!!!

theonering -> (17/4/2013 7:40:30 AM)

Wow

neil896 -> please be good!! (17/4/2013 7:50:42 AM)

i pray this film is the superman we are waiting for!!! just let me know when imax tickets are out!!!!!

pythonlove -> Hmm... (17/4/2013 7:55:26 AM)

Still very skeptical of Snyder, but it does look pretty good. What happened at the very end there? "Excuse me". Did he interrupt her with a superfart?

partybee -> Still taking it in... (17/4/2013 8:31:20 AM)

but it's lookin' right to me. Haven't you got the screen grabs up yet Empire!?

NeoBrowser -> (17/4/2013 8:43:49 AM)

This looks incredible.
Even though I'm unconvinced by cartoon-faced Shannon, this still seems fantastic.

ronniem -> Why thank you, Nolan (17/4/2013 9:04:24 AM)

Ha ha... great trailer...I knew Supes was in for some resurrection as soon as Nolan got involved...this looks wonderful and the trailer has got good pacing.

hermes16 -> sweet (17/4/2013 9:18:59 AM)

that looks awesome. best trailer by far to date.

waltham1979 -> Darghhhh... (17/4/2013 10:00:35 AM)

*Waltham grabs crotch, screams, people on desk in front of him duck as he does geek sex wee everywhere...*

a_man_and_his_monkey -> Please... (17/4/2013 10:24:38 AM)

Like others, I'm sceptical of Snyder. But this looked EPIC!!! Please don't be a disappointment....

AquaDragon2K -> Man Of Steel (17/4/2013 10:25:53 AM)

Interest is piqued!

jmebaby25 -> RE: Please... (17/4/2013 10:55:12 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: a_man_and_his_monkey

Like others, I'm sceptical of Snyder. But this looked EPIC!!! Please don't be a disappointment....

Yeah. Although the only film he's done which I really hated was Sucker Punch - that showed that he can't write. He did a good job on Watchmen, 300 & even the Dawn of the Dead remake (obviously not a patch on the original, but still a good film). He needs good writers and someone to rein him in from his excesses - looks like Nolan is the man to do it.

He's got a great cast here and the trailers have been superb. Hopefully this will be great.

UTB -> RE: Please... (17/4/2013 11:28:33 AM)

I hope this delivers as much action as it does emo.

Chronicle -> (17/4/2013 11:51:06 AM)

I never was very much into Superman but this looks pretty good

Jamie_M -> I LOVE IT,, SUPERMAN IS BACK,, YEEEESSSSSS!!!! (17/4/2013 11:52:39 AM)

I think the music is brilliant too, Hans Zimmer never ceases to amaze me, having to follow Williams famous score would of been so daunting, but from what I've heard so far, it's just perfect.

tjhyman -> "Excuse me?" (17/4/2013 1:05:48 PM)

Love that last line and Zimmer's big banging drums - no way to compete with Williams' classic theme, but instead, he's created something entirely new.
This trailer is WOW WOW WOW!!! 8 weeks to go!

mancalledpete -> Looks awesome...... but... (17/4/2013 1:07:43 PM)

So nobody will deny how brilliant this is going to be. It could really be amazing. But I've got 2 big gripes..... 1) Another original story. Yawn. 2) Synder is at his best (300, Watchman) when he's being true to the original source & translating it to film... with this he's just totally re-imagining it & I find that a bit sad. Would love to have seen some more of the comic book materials used rather than just the premise.

seanftd -> (17/4/2013 1:41:15 PM)

Haha zod looks like he's come straight outa gears of war

diddle11 -> Excitement Overload! (17/4/2013 1:46:07 PM)

Really can't wait for this movie. The trailers have nailed it, but the new one is just mesmerizing: emotion, action, sheer epic scale, music - it had it all. I'm so pleased. The casting looks so fitting too, wasn't sure about Amy as Lois, but from what I saw, I'm quite happy. Russell and Kevin seem a good fit too, but for me, it's Henry Cavill and Michael Shannon that are gonna make the movie. Henry just looks - he feels - like he just IS Superman. Michael just emanates intimidation, truly menacing, which is exactly what we want from Zod. All other summer blockbusters - including one Mr. Tony Stark - have been put on notice. Superman is back, and he's about to steal the summer.... I for one can not wait. Roll on June 14, only 58 more agonizing days of waiting left.

Big Red -> Woah!!! (17/4/2013 2:51:16 PM)

Yup....woah!!!

astoroth -> New Move (17/4/2013 2:53:12 PM)

I think it's impossible to predict whether this movie is going to be any good or not - although the trailer looks promising. I just think that it's important for this movie to take superman away from the Christoper Reeve era of movies. For too long now Superman's relationship with Hollywood has always been under the shadows of those previous movies and although they're good, they are a complete generation away from today's cinemagoers

Gene Parmesan -> ManCalledPete (17/4/2013 2:54:04 PM)

I hate myself for writing this but....Costner/Young Kal El dialogue is a straight lift from Superman: Secret Origins....and the laser bit is from Superman Earth One...I promise my geeky younger brother told me this...

FWIW I think its a cracking trailer and I love the fact that its taken Hans Zimmer to break the "LOUD NOISE/concussive beat" style trailer music used since Inception...

dannyfletch -> Awesome! (17/4/2013 6:41:52 PM)

Well, Snyder's finest film so far is the excellent Watchmen, he absolutely nailed that adaption and while 300 and Sucker Punch were empty and only good for the visuals, this in my opinion has got to be a certified winner! It's got to be the superhero film of the year and with Nolan to back Snyder up this could well be the Superman film we've been waiting for. Everything about this trailer is awesome!

joshsym -> Awesome (17/4/2013 7:24:37 PM)

This looks awesome and I can tell will be 10000000000 times better than the last one. It seems really well balanced with a deep story and terrific visuals. Im excited for this

leroythemasochist -> this looks good to me (17/4/2013 8:09:46 PM)

i remember 1978 with Richard Donner's movie. It was fun and straight forward but this does look like something new - which is what's needed.The visuals look incredible and the plotting seems well crafted. Hope it holds up to a full movie length adventure and not just a cool looking trailer.
Most of all looking forward to... Kevin Costner. being all stoic and stuff. He's great and a perfect fit for the role.

neil896 -> please be good! (17/4/2013 9:36:59 PM)

fantastic trailer,the cast looks excellent...i beg it lives up to the hype!...if it does maybe they can reboot Green Lantern! a wasted film!! Ryan Reynolds and mark strong were perfect choices ..but the story and film was awful..! Roll on the Man of Steel!!!!!!!

belcher77 -> RE: please be good! (17/4/2013 10:53:15 PM)

Looks great to me.
SHANNON looks to be great casting.
CAVILL... impressive so far.
DIANE LANE - hottest Martha Kent ever.
The fights look... epic.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI